Talk

Advanced search

Best DVD To Tone Up And Lose Some Weight?

(11 Posts)
woopsidaisy Mon 06-Jun-11 12:24:55

Hi. Just looking for some recommendations for a workout DVD. I have used Charlie Brooks one for some years,but wanted to find something new. Davina McCalls always seem to be popular,but which one?
I need to lose a stone and a half,and want to tone up. So something that incorporates some hand weights too.
Thanks.

Pixiepops Mon 06-Jun-11 13:28:36

Have you seen the 30 day shred thread? I've not tried it yet, (going to later - eek!) have hard lots of good things about it though.

woopsidaisy Mon 06-Jun-11 13:30:45

Yes,I have that. Have just completed it for today. But I want something longer and which targets more areas. Was looking at Davina's Body Buff on Amazon. Might give it a go.
Thanks Pixiepops.

blossoming Mon 06-Jun-11 13:32:32

Have resisted posting till now thinking you're not seriously asking this question are you? Loads of threads current and during the past year on S&B and Diet/weightloss about 30 day Shred

blossomtrees Mon 06-Jun-11 13:32:56

Davina Mcoll dvds very good

whoneedssleepanyway Mon 06-Jun-11 13:35:59

I think the Shred is designed to target all areas....it works by working more than one muscle group at the same time (i.e. legs and arms), I would stick with that if I were you, if you want longer do 2 levels back to back...

woopsidaisy Mon 06-Jun-11 14:08:30

Thanks whoneedsleepanyway. Hadn't thought of that. It is just that I have been doing the shred for a couple of weeks now-admittedly not everyday as I prefer a change some days. Those days I go to the gym or for a walk. Just wanted an alternative DVD.

clarkykitten Mon 06-Jun-11 14:57:39

I've got Davina McCall's Super Body DVD and really like that smile

clarkykitten Mon 06-Jun-11 14:59:53

Sorry, should have said that you and pick and choose which particular areas you want to work on/emphasise e.g. cardio or toning etc. it has quite a few different sections, so you can mix and match. it is meant to be a military style fitness video, but it is basically some punches, kicks and aerobics with lots of squats and arm work.

woopsidaisy Mon 06-Jun-11 15:08:44

That sound good clarkykitten,thanks.

WhatsWrongWithYou Mon 06-Jun-11 15:11:01

Tracey Anderson is supposed to be good. Don't know which one as I've never tried them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now