Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Laser therapy for broken veins - anyone had it?

(2 Posts)
maraisfrance Sun 05-Jun-11 22:11:23

Hello. I have some fine thread veins on my legs and a few around my nose. Nothing major, but I'm just starting to investigate what, how and where I might get them zapped/injected to get rid of them. Has anyone had this done? Any experiences/advice to share?

TattyDevine Mon 06-Jun-11 07:25:43

Had mine done back in Feb/March ish. Did a review of it on here, will try and find the link.

It worked very well - they blanched instantly. But they have come back.

My botox guy (!) who wasn't the one who did them but who does IPL said that there are layers of them that rise to the surface (or something!) and that you just keep getting them done every 8 weeks and eventually they will be gone for good. So its not the exact same old ones coming back so much as time for the next lot to be done.

You can't have any tan or fake tan present - if you have tanned, you need to wait till its gone. The IPL will zone in on the pigment in your skin and burn you otherwise.

It fecking hurts and you need to be aware that it might take repeated treatments but its worth it. When I first had it done before they resurfaced I was really pleased with the results and I'm hoping to have them gone for good one day. I might have them done again Thursday in fact.

Here's my original review

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: