Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Butter London or Essie?

(7 Posts)
Zingylemontart Sun 05-Jun-11 19:54:27

I think I've narrowed it down to these two brands - can you help me with which is the easiest to apply/most long lasting etc?

Also, can anyone recommend something to help my poor nails recover after the gels I had on? They are in such bad condition now, they keep breaking/bending backwards/splitting.

Thanks in advance!

Needle Sun 05-Jun-11 23:03:19

I've only used Essie of the two, with a marvella basecoat and SecheVite topcoat. I loved it though- very easy to apply (not too thick and "gloopy" but not too thin either) and lasted for about 5/6 days before I had to remove it (it lasted me through my wedding day and all 4 days of my honeymoon.)

Champneys do a nail repair oil which is quite nice, although I've never had gels, so don't know the extent of the damage yours have endured.

Zingylemontart Mon 06-Jun-11 22:16:02

Thanks Needle. After your vote for Essie I've been searching in vain for a UK stockist who has the Beach Bum Blu colour. sad

I think I need help.... <goes off to start a thread with a more relevant title>

shopalot Tue 07-Jun-11 14:01:34

Jessica do a really good base coat which I think is specially for sorting out damaged nails from false ones etc. Can't remember the name. I have gels on-will my nails be awful too?

shopalot Tue 07-Jun-11 14:07:32

restoration

Emo76 Tue 07-Jun-11 16:38:03

Essie !!

Had butter london polish didn't like

lololizzy Wed 08-Jun-11 20:12:38

i have both and they last appallingly on me even though i have gel underneath them which should 'hold' the colour. Essie was the worst. It really bugged me that cheap brands last well when i have the gel on and these two were the worst! i do have a job where i have to use my hands loads though

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: