Talk

Advanced search

Blue/navy mascara - yay or nay?

(6 Posts)
JosieRosie Sun 05-Jun-11 16:22:12

I have blue eyes, fair/rosy skin and chestnut-red hair. I also have stubby rubbish little eye lashes. I'm sure I read years ago that navy blue mascara works well with blue eyes, makes them look more blue and open. Any experience with this anyone? Does it work or will it make me look like a Doctor Who monster? grin
And if it does work, any brand recommendations? Thanks!

Havingkittens Sun 05-Jun-11 21:55:16

Lancome do Navy mascara and their mascaras are brilliant in general. It's quite subtle so you won't look like someone from the 80s. And yes, it does make the eyes look brighter and clearer.

RedwingWinter Mon 06-Jun-11 17:38:54

I agree with Havingkittens. I think blue mascara would really suit your colouring. Boots does one too.

jumpinghoops Mon 06-Jun-11 20:23:39

I have blue eyes, blonde hair. I think blue mascara looks great in the summer, agree with Havingkittens that a navy one is really what you're after rather than electric blue...maybe wore one from Bourjouis last year, have a look in Boots and you'll find a fair few.

BadPoet Mon 06-Jun-11 20:53:55

I think that the Clinique High Impact Mascara is actually a very dark navy blue rather than black. I wear it and have similar colouring to you.

JosieRosie Mon 06-Jun-11 21:04:36

Cool, thanks girls smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now