Talk

Advanced search

Help for DD1's stretchmarks, please!

(6 Posts)
MrsSchadenfreude Sun 05-Jun-11 15:39:09

She is 12 and has rapidly expanding bosoms - has grown out of 34C bought 6 weeks ago, and has lots of red stretchmarks on her boobs. Anything she can do to get rid of them/diminish their appearance?

deaconblue Sun 05-Jun-11 16:53:01

try bio-oil. I used it for a while post babies and it helped I think.

msbunbury Sun 05-Jun-11 19:31:28

Poor thing - reassurance and bio-oil. Most men don't notice and they fade to practically nothing - look at Kate Winslets breasts in the nude scene in Titanic - the silvery lines are there and she is beautiful.

Thornykate Sun 05-Jun-11 21:21:36

Genuine dermaroller can fade them more but isn't cheap & I'm not sure if a practitioner would be happy to do this at such a young age; I wouldn't treat a client under 18 but some may.

There are loads of before & after pics on their website.

redllamayellowllama Sun 05-Jun-11 21:28:08

Exactly the same thing happened to me at 12. My Mum took me to the doctor and I was mortified. Nothing to do, but mine have now nearly disappeared to fine silvery lines. Elemis oil is very good, or good old bio-oil, but lots of reassurance.

'Most men don't notice them' hmm

gourd Sun 05-Jun-11 21:34:50

They will go white/silver and be less noticeable but I'm afraid nothing will get rid of them. Bio Oil is great but it's for prevention, it doesn't reduce the appearance of them once they are there - nothing will. Self tan or tan make up works well for blending in white/silver marks (which don't tan, so will show more when she has a sun tan) and concealer make up will cover red or purple marks. Tell her that nearly everyone has stretchmarks by the time they are an adult, so they are totally normal, and so are scars, age spots and wrinkles! I had stretch marks on my stomach and hips by the time I was 14, but the positive side is that the same ones re-stretched when I was pregnant, so I completely avoided getting any new ones!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now