Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Oh no. Have fallen in love with a dress. It's £££;. Advice gratefully received.

(104 Posts)
tethersend Sun 05-Jun-11 15:32:05

This one

Tell me it's awful.

Telling me to buy it is no good, I cannot afford it unless I sell one of DP's kidneys (have not totally ruled that out).

Help.

MrsRhettButler Sun 05-Jun-11 15:35:17

I'm sorry but it's really nice blush

Only if you are slim though.... Are you slim? If you're fat then it's a big fat NO!

MrsRhettButler Sun 05-Jun-11 15:35:58

Sorry, that was terribly unhelpful wasn't it

SingingTunelessly Sun 05-Jun-11 15:36:09

I love it. Sorry. Those Valentino shoes they've paired it with are also gorgeous.

rubyrubyruby Sun 05-Jun-11 15:36:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MarshaBrady Sun 05-Jun-11 15:36:32

Oh no, your dp's kidneys are in trouble.

It is really lovely.

MissBeehiving Sun 05-Jun-11 15:36:58

It's absolutely gorgeous hideous. <proffers scapel>

IvorHughJarrs Sun 05-Jun-11 15:37:02

Oh God I'm no help at all - that is gorgeous!

My huge arse won't fit in Westwood clothes but I have some jewellery, accessories and bags which have been worth every penny as they are so strikingly beautiful I feel wonderful whenever I wear/use them.

Maybe the kidney option is best after all!

oldqueenie Sun 05-Jun-11 15:37:50

you are woman of great taste. it's lovely. have twice before today put it im my virtual nap basket and then made myself remove it after administering myself a good talking too... am rubish at links but jigsaw have a v nice navy / white striped dress for much much less... (i KNOW it's not the same as westwood....).

tethersend Sun 05-Jun-11 15:39:36

No, that was great, MrsRhettButler! Am not slim- am an hourglass 16. But I look good in stripes.

Singing, get away, shoo!

<wails>

MrsRhettButler Sun 05-Jun-11 15:40:05

Oh my lord the shoes! How much are the shoes?

I do think ruby has a small point though, you couldn't wear it everywhere or people would start to talk.....

MrsRhettButler Sun 05-Jun-11 15:41:35

Oh if you are a 'proper' hourglass then it could work.

By proper I mean small waist

Collision Sun 05-Jun-11 15:41:49

Am not sure horizontal stripes would be forgiving unless you are a size 8 Tethers! which-you-are-not wink

And as someone else said, am not sure how often you could wear it without 'oh she's wearing that again' thoughts.

HTH grin

tethersend Sun 05-Jun-11 15:41:57

Oh bollocks.

Look you lot- this is NOT the advice I need. Where's pink4ever when you need her? She hates everything I like grin

Dilligaf81 Sun 05-Jun-11 15:42:27

I hate you - I now want the shoes and dress. Cant sell DHs binge drinking Kidneys Wonders what other organs are sellable ???

tethersend Sun 05-Jun-11 15:43:07

Keep it coming, Collision grin

MrsRhettButler Sun 05-Jun-11 15:43:30

I'm an hourglass ish, I would prefer a smaller waist I'm a 14 ish when I'm not 6 mnths pg and I would defo wear it

Can you steal it? grin

BluddyMoFo Sun 05-Jun-11 15:43:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsRhettButler Sun 05-Jun-11 15:45:37

Have you got any weddings coming up? If you have 3 or more then it could be seen as 3 x hundred pound dresses?

<pretends it's normal for her to spend £100 on a dress>

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sun 05-Jun-11 15:46:23

Are you tall, Tethers? I'm a size 12 hourglass but that dress would wear me, as I'm only 5' 2. I also agree that it is too distinctive to wear in the way that a VW black one can just be adapted for every occasion.

It's not awful by any means BUT there are nicer ones out there and it surely can't be long until the summer sales start? smile

Collision Sun 05-Jun-11 15:48:16

You would see your knickers through it.

Tis expensive.

You would get bored of it.

You are too big for it.

<<scarpers in case gone too far!!>>

KirstyJC Sun 05-Jun-11 15:48:44

Er, it's horrible. Really, not nice at all. How come you all like it?! confused Do you want to look like a zebra? Lots of tall grass and lions around your way?

Seriously, that's not worth a kidney.

BalloonSlayer Sun 05-Jun-11 15:49:05

Oh but it's horrible.

Like a mutant zebra.

No no no.

tethersend Sun 05-Jun-11 15:49:35

No weddings.

No money.

Am 5'6".

BalloonSlayer Sun 05-Jun-11 15:50:34

Hope there's not any long grass near you, or you'll need to be on your guard.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: