Talk

Advanced search

I would like to talk about perfume...

(27 Posts)
bluetortoise Sun 05-Jun-11 12:42:55

I need to get a new perfume and I have used Envy by Gucci (and loved it) for a while but is has now been discontinued (sp?) :-( I also really like Women by DKNY. If you like this sort of perfumes or fragrance (summery, citrusey ish) do you have a favourite one that you could recommend me?

jumpinghoops Sun 05-Jun-11 13:05:26

I have never smelt either of those but do love summery citrussy scents. My favourites are: Jo Malone Lime, Basil and Mandarin; Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte and this summer I am loving Guerlain Manadarine Basilic- though that is very orangey and maybe not what you are after. Beautiful fragrance though. Clarins Eau Dynamisante is a nice refreshing scent too.

bluetortoise Sun 05-Jun-11 13:17:33

Thanks for all the suggestions jumping, I am not sure if I would like the Guerlain one. I've got an Hugo Boss one (can't remember the name) which had a strong orangey scent and I don't like it... Maybe one of those would do the job... Let's see if someone else the know those perfumes could also come up with more ideas. Cheers anyway!

jumpinghoops Sun 05-Jun-11 13:37:58

Have a squirt of the Chanel one...that's not remotely orangey. I really really don't like Hugo Boss orange if that's the one you mean- think it smells pretty heavy and intense (on me anyway!)

Just thought of another lovely contender: Versace Versense- very green and summery.

mablemurple Sun 05-Jun-11 13:39:22

I have recently discovered Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, which is lovely.
I can't believe you think Eau Dynamisante is refreshing, jumpinghoops, I think it smells like stale sweaty armpits grin

BulletWithAName Sun 05-Jun-11 14:07:44

Cristalle Eau Verte is lovely!

whysolate Sun 05-Jun-11 14:13:52

I have both of those bluetortoise! I love perfume.

I also have Jimmy Choo, Armani Idole and D & G (not sure if it's called Woman or Red as there is no name on the bottle or packaging). It's my all time favourite. I have been wearing it for years.

Seems we have similar taste in perfume, so give them a try.

jumpinghoops Sun 05-Jun-11 15:51:54

mablemurple grin each to their own grin

bluetortoise Sun 05-Jun-11 18:09:39

Thank you very much for all the suggestions. Whysolate, do you mean D&G is the one that is your all time favourite? Has it got a red lid and golden between the bottle and the the lid? Sorry to be annoying just wanting to know the one you are talking about. I should have added that I also like D&G Light Blue, but Envy is definitely been my all time favourite :-) I will try those ones suggested and see how I get on. Just want to try something new (hoping I will love as much as Envy grin

ENormaSnob Sun 05-Jun-11 18:26:06

I like clinique happy and happy in bloom.

nancydrewfoundaclue Sun 05-Jun-11 18:26:46

I used to wear Gucci Envy years ago and although I can't recall the smell I know I liked it smile.

I now wear Marc Jacobs Lola most days and more occassionally Cristalle Eau Vert or Ralph Loren Romance. I also love body shop Tobacco flower and always get positive comments on it but I don't think you can get it in UK.

Bucharest Sun 05-Jun-11 18:27:08

Clinique Happy is lovely.

charitygirl Sun 05-Jun-11 18:34:21

Eau de Guerlain is known in the business as the ultimate citron, so prob worth a sniff as a reference at least. I don't like many Jo Malone fragrances but Lime, Basil & mandarin is brilliant.

And, for summer, the original Tommy Girl is fantastic and so cheap. Don't let the image put you off!

whysolate Sun 05-Jun-11 20:37:38

yy bluetortoise that's the D & G one I mean!

Let me know what you think. Jimmy Choo is gorgeous too. People always ask me what perfume I'm wearing if I have either of those two on. HTH. smile

bluetortoise Sun 05-Jun-11 20:43:06

Brilliant ideas, thanks everyone. I wish the shops had samples so we could use a bit at home and then decide which one you liked best. Sometimes I like in the shop and hate later on, but then it is too late to change :-( Anyway, will try some of the suggestions, cheers grin

MrsSchadenfreude Sun 05-Jun-11 21:20:02

Jo Malone will send you samples if you ask nicely.

You might like Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien or Eau du Sud.

I wear one called Lux by Mona Someone which smells like sherbet lemons.

applecrumbleandcream Sun 05-Jun-11 21:32:58

I love Armani Code Summer Limited Edition - tried it yesterday in Debenhams, was lovely and fresh/citrussy and the smell seemed to last for the rest of the day. Going back for it on payday!!

bluetortoise Sun 05-Jun-11 21:59:31

With so many fab suggestions I would love to get them all, well I love perfume too must confess, just wouldn't be able to afford them all hmm (want, want, want :-)

applecrumbleandcream Mon 06-Jun-11 00:01:29

I'm with you there bluetortoise I love perfume especially the Summer editions they bring out. Another one that is lovely is love Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau so Fresh.

Orbinator Mon 06-Jun-11 00:20:11

I also like Romance by Ralph Lauren and have recently discovered Chloe. It makes me feel fresh for the summer and reminds me of linen smile

bluetortoise Mon 06-Jun-11 10:29:50

that is it now! She slams the door and says: Away to the shops to buy them all grin (i wish emoticon)

chipstick10 Mon 06-Jun-11 12:22:50

I u sed lime basil and mandarin by jo malone for years, however i have stopped buying it because as a scent it just doesnt last. I have to keep reapplying throughout the day. Are their any other perfumes that are citrus based but that last at least more than a few hours.!!!!!!!!!!!!

blabalalalablabla Mon 06-Jun-11 13:05:31

bluetortoise - I have a bottle of envy that I no longer use that is nearly full - would you like it? pm me and I'll pop it in the post.

I also like Romance by RL, Women by DKNY, Miss Dior Cherie and D&G The One. I like Chloe too.

re: citrus - I recently had a sample of Miller Harris Citron Citron and it seemed to last for most of the day.

strawberryjelly Mon 06-Jun-11 13:23:33

Try sisley eau de toilettes

bluetortoise Mon 06-Jun-11 13:46:17

Oh my God, Blabala, you so made my day, I have just pm'ed you. I am totally over the moon, thank you ever so much... I think it is Christmas today in my little bubble of happiness, jingle bells everyone grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now