Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Am confused about SPF. Am I the only one?

(8 Posts)
buggerthebotox Sun 05-Jun-11 10:40:24

What products should I use for maximum sun protection? I'm no spring chicken - yesterday I treated myself to some regenerist - but couldn't find any SPF rating on the container. What's best to use??

cybbo Sun 05-Jun-11 10:44:27

I put sun cream on my face every day as a moisturiser- I like Clinique face creme, its got SPF 30. Its also got high uva/uvb protection.

I've also got a tinted Loreal one which is SPF50 but if it gets in your eyes it KILLS

buggerthebotox Sun 05-Jun-11 10:48:36

cybbo - is this about the maximum SPF you can get?

kyacat Sun 05-Jun-11 11:11:35

I just bought some Olay regenerist moisturiser SPF30. I'm hoping for great things smile I think the thing to look for is UVA and UVB protection. I use factor 50 suncream on my neck, chest and hands but it doesn't sit well under make-up.

Pinkflipflop Sun 05-Jun-11 11:41:55

I used to spend an absolute fortune on facial moisturisers but now I ONLY use this
It's brilliant, a lovely base for makeup too. I would really recommend you give this a go and see how you get on. I have been using it since the start of the year and my skin is thanking me grin

cybbo Sun 05-Jun-11 12:18:31

Pink I'm planning on getting some of that when my current stocks run out-it looks really good and is good under make up too according to gal that sells it on QVC

noddyholder Sun 05-Jun-11 13:05:16

God it does burn your eyes. All the high factor ones do

rubyrubyruby Sun 05-Jun-11 13:18:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: