Talk

Advanced search

Spray tanning question from a spray tanning virgin

(12 Posts)
insertcleverusernamehere Sun 05-Jun-11 08:12:35

So I'd love to get my lumpy, veiny self a spray tan. What I'd really like is a complete body exfoliation first. Where can I get both done, any hint and tips?

Collision Sun 05-Jun-11 09:35:39

I bought a pair of exfoliating gloves from Boots for £2 and did it myself with shower gel.

Did it Friday night, had spray tan yesterday and am about to hop in the shower now!

insertcleverusernamehere Sun 05-Jun-11 14:19:14

I'd really like to be treated like a princess and melt away into oblivion, though...

TheMostBeautifulPoster Sun 05-Jun-11 14:27:12

god you wouldnt
do your own

debz3610 Sun 05-Jun-11 21:21:21

Im going to stick my neb in here. The only time i have ever been exfoliated in a spa, it was extremely sore!! do it at home! not a relaxing experience at all. Sorry! Go for the spray tan though, i cannot live without them!!!!

insertcleverusernamehere Mon 06-Jun-11 09:05:36

where do you have them done debz?

ENormaSnob Mon 06-Jun-11 10:15:39

I had spray tan thus night.

Shaved wed, exfoliated thus morn then loads moisturiser on feet, hands, elbows and knees.

Tan still looks great today. No patches, even my hands and feet are perfect.

debz3610 Mon 06-Jun-11 10:20:06

well im a beauty therapist, so i get them done in the salon where i work. We stock sienna x, which is good because it has three different pigment levels, which means you can go as light or as dark as you want. But all professional spray tans are good, weve stocked loads over the years. St tropez, omg, sunlabs, xentan......theres loads!!!

mousymouse Mon 06-Jun-11 10:25:02

had one 2 weeks ago, lasted about a week but only looked good for about 3 days.
what I did was:
shaving on tuesday evening
exfoliating and moisturising wednesday evening
shower thursday morning
spray tan thursday evening
respraying friday lunch because the arms didn't get enough spray
wedding party saturday and sunday
the tan looked really good, very natural, I think it was california someting.

insertcleverusernamehere Mon 06-Jun-11 10:45:21

hm but mousy it didn't last long... I'd need it to last a week at least I'd barely find the time to go out and get it done.

whoneedssleepanyway Mon 06-Jun-11 11:47:27

you need to exfoliate 24 hours before so can't have both treatments at the same time.

most salons do exfoliating body treatments but as I say you would have to book in the day before...I would personally do it yourself.

spray tans don't last that long...you are best having it done 24 to 48 hours before the specific event you want it for as after that it starts to fade.

Collision Mon 06-Jun-11 18:40:31

Ive been topping mine up with DOVE Summer Glow and it still looks fab today.

Had loadsa compliments.

I had a San Tropez in Ascot - Aura spa.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now