Talk

Advanced search

Need help to find a foundation

(13 Posts)
Clary Sat 04-Jun-11 23:20:31

Recently I have bought that Virgin Vie compact thingy but not been to a VV party for a while.

So I bought a Max Factor version a few months ago (if that) and anyway, tho it seems OK it has lasted such a short time, really just a couple of months, not impressed.

So what would be better? Am open to any ideas.

I am mid 40s, still a bit T-zoney even at my advanced age! It needs to be cheap as we have No Money. Say about £10? Tho I would like it to last longer than a matter of weeks - a I better to spend £20 on sthg which will last me till December? And if so, what?

MavisEnderby Sat 04-Jun-11 23:26:21

I am on a budget but the thingsi save up for and don't compromise on are foundation and perfume!I buy clinique superbalanced make up foundation.Maybe low budget for those who have £££ but a lot for me,is 20 plus.Worth it though

Clary Sat 04-Jun-11 23:50:15

Thanks Mavis

How long would a £21 bottle last you on average (assuming you use it most days)?

MavisEnderby Sat 04-Jun-11 23:59:06

Ok maybe 3 months tho don't use it everyday.if yougoto cosmetics counter they will assist.Only wear make up at work though.

Numberfour Sun 05-Jun-11 00:12:29

I used to use Clinique Superfit and it is probably the best ever out of those that I could afford. I am on a very tight budget but I think that I am going to go back to it because the Max Factor and Rimmel foundations are good, but not as good. I also wear foundation most days.

QuinnFabray Sun 05-Jun-11 10:24:32

Bourjois foundations are really good. About £10. I prefer them to the more expensive brands I've tried. 10 hour sleep effect ( really does what it says on the bottle ) or Healthy mix for a slightly fuller coverage. Both very natural and long lasting.

chocolatespiders Sun 05-Jun-11 10:26:43

I love lancome foundations, I would go there and let them try a few on you, they are more money put last 2-3 months- I use everyday. It is one thing i would not buy cheaply.

coffeenut Sun 05-Jun-11 10:52:58

you can get free samples of most if you ask. Most are quite generous.

I wold go to a department store and ask for samples of MAC, Lancome, Estee Lauder and Chanel.

On the cheaper side, the Revlon colorstay is quite good and I've heard good things about one of the Boots ones.

gregssausageroll Sun 05-Jun-11 11:39:52

I am 40 and over the last few weeks have changed over to bare escentuals the minerals stuff. I didn't think I would like it but actually I do - very much so much that I have now spent a fortune on varying colours!

You should be able to get little sample pot to start you off and then you can buy starter kits that include brushes. You can also buy from QVC and have 30 days to return anything you don't like so no more wasted foundations etc in the drawer.

I am so impressed with the stuff - I was on a girls day out shopping yesterday and 4 people commented on my make up, my friend being the first, the owner of a wedding dress shop, the personal shopper at John Lewis and a complete stranger!

Pinkflipflop Sun 05-Jun-11 11:44:15

OK this isn't cheap but I love it!!

AmazingDisgrace Sun 05-Jun-11 11:55:28

I tried Bare Minerals foundation, I loved the coverage but it looked awful on me otherwise. Really sank into my lines and made me look older than I am. Back to Clinique superbalanced for me!

neuroticmumof3 Sun 05-Jun-11 13:45:01

i'd agree with bare minerals, i've been using them for years, they last ages, look really natural and stay put all day. i'm in my 40s and don't find it sits in my eye creases at all. i also have a bit of a t zone and bare minerals are really good for slightly oily skin.

mousymouse Sun 05-Jun-11 13:49:07

I like the no 7 intelligent colour. it's about 15£ and lasts me about 6 months (only wear it for work 4d/week)
it's more like a tinted moisturiser, though, not great camouflage but evens out the skin tone and looks very natural.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now