Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Arghhh - Sunburn

(8 Posts)
KaraToytown Sat 04-Jun-11 22:33:52

I have sunburnt legs sad. Not evenly burnt but a big red painful rectangle on half of my shin.

I have an event to go to in a couple of weeks and planned to go bare legged. Is there a leg make up that will disguise it and even out the skin tone? Don't want to have to get new outfit (trousers) to cover.

Doowrah Sat 04-Jun-11 22:52:25

Me too!!! Surely it will have died down in a few weeks? I'd go for an exfoliating brush when you can bear it followed by lashings of Dove Body bronze cream. Good Luck..

dexter73 Sun 05-Jun-11 09:28:51

Put a cold flannel on them.

tulpe Sun 05-Jun-11 10:46:34

Aloe Vera gel will reduce inflammation and heal your poor skin.

DoubleDegreeStudent Sun 05-Jun-11 10:57:08

Don't have cold showers, have warm ones. I was staying with friends in Bermuda and another girl got very badly sunburned and her dad explained it like this : if you want to skin a tomato, you put it in very hot water and then very cold water so that the skin contracts and lifts off. Same thing with humans - hot sun + cold showers will make the skin contract and then peel and you'll be left with marks.

Keep moisturising, aloe vera is a good tip. Also natural yoghurt.

If all else fails you can buy camouflage make up from theatre shops (Charles Fox in Covent Garden for example) which should cover it. It should be gone in a few weeks though surely?

KaraToytown Sun 05-Jun-11 11:57:40

Thank you all. The redness will have gone down but I will still be left with a mark. The line where the redness stops is about an inch below my knee. It looks a bit like I have got red shinpads on!

KaraToytown Sun 05-Jun-11 11:58:46

Just re read about exfoliating! ARRRGH!

Meggles76 Sun 05-Jun-11 13:10:58

Use Sudocrem on it at night - by morning the redness will be very reduced. I speak from experience after a trip to a windy wales beach!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: