Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had their Birkenstocks resoled?

(10 Posts)
berri Sat 04-Jun-11 20:07:21

My Madrids are getting really low on the bottom, is it possible to get them resoled?

Disasterpiece Sat 04-Jun-11 20:14:52

That seems a bit pointless to me, they are pretty much all sole... You would only be keeping two straps of leather! Fork out for some new ones.

berri Sat 04-Jun-11 20:33:54

I would do normally, but I bought two pairs last year (one black and one gold) and they kill my feet! Both Madrids too, I started a thread a while ago about how strange it was that my white ones were so comfy, and the other two weren't...

So I don't want to give them up!

ZacharyQuack Sun 05-Jun-11 04:10:31

I've had two pairs of Birkensticks resoled. They remove the black rubbery sole, not the cork, and replace it with proper Birkenstock sole so it doesn't look different. It was great, got another year's wear out of each of them.

missmartha Sun 05-Jun-11 08:27:28

I have Birkenstocks but as with me and all shoes, they never wear out.

However a close friend has had hers resoled and she reckons it was well worth it.

berri Sun 05-Jun-11 08:50:18

Sounds great! Did you have to send them off somewhere, or just take them to a regular cobblers?

missmartha Sun 05-Jun-11 09:12:49

No, they have to go to a Birkkie cobbler. I'm not sure where but I'm sure you'll find it under Birkenstock resoling UK or something.

ZacharyQuack Sun 05-Jun-11 10:35:32

I took mine back to the store I bought them from, and they sent them off to their resoler guy.

It's really worth it, Birks should last until the cork breaks. If the rubber sole starts to wear down, get them resoled before the wear starts to affect the cork.

VivaLeBeaver Sun 05-Jun-11 10:41:14

If you look on their website they have a postal resoling service, I'm about to send mine off.

berri Sun 05-Jun-11 18:30:10

Thanks all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now