Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Black sunken eye circles.

(19 Posts)
Crevix Sat 04-Jun-11 18:18:50

I look like I've been up for a week.

Admittedly I am chronically knackered and waking up 35 times a night every time I turn over doesn't help at all. And the hideous hayfever which makes my eyes itch and run. And te sunblock which also makes my eyes itch and run.

How can I at least try to minimise the sunken eyes and black circles?

EveryonesJealousOfGingers Sat 04-Jun-11 18:28:06

I've been using that garnier roll on stuff and find it great, but OTOH I never used under eye concealer before that so I have no real idea how it compares to other stuff!

cybbo Sat 04-Jun-11 18:30:58

Crevix you need to put a decent concealer in the right place-don't paint in the half moon under your eye, take it right down over sunken edge onto cheek and blend really well. Also do nasty blue bit down bridge of nose near eye and shadows on outer corner of eye

Benefit Boing stays put all day

I've also been using this and it has hydrated under my eyes like nothing else

Crevix Sat 04-Jun-11 18:45:20

i don't wear makeup more than once in a blue moon. also am a sensitive soul and loads of stuff make the itchy, runny eyes moreso. if i were to concele under the eyes would it look ridiculous with a nekkid rest of face?

Crevix Sat 04-Jun-11 18:46:29

would that neostarta stuff make me itch?

StewieGriffinsMom Sat 04-Jun-11 18:46:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Crevix Sat 04-Jun-11 18:47:11

got antihistamines. still itch sad

cybbo Sat 04-Jun-11 18:48:11

No if the shade is good for your skin tone it shouldnt even show up

Not sure whtehr that bionic stuff would bother your eyes...I've had no problems with it

Crevix Sat 04-Jun-11 18:52:03

think it is the bastard pollen and the broken sleep making me uglier than usual. seeing a doc next week about the knackered back and need to go back to the gp about the bastard hayfever. again.

in the meantime i shall look out a decent conceler. and never speak to mother again for pointing it out 'Oh, that's a nice photo of you, shame about your eyes dear'.

lucysmum Sat 04-Jun-11 18:56:04

wear sunglasses if any chance of having photo taken...I share your pain. Bobbi Brown concealer and make up lesson good. Also very taken with their eye cream. Have decided that hydration to minimise lines and then concealment is the way to go - have not found anything that gets rid of rather than covers the dark circles.

StewieGriffinsMom Sat 04-Jun-11 18:58:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Crevix Sat 04-Jun-11 18:59:39

no asthma. just eyes sad

miche8 Sat 04-Jun-11 19:14:11

the best i've found is benefits boi-ing really lasts make sure you moisturise before or it can be drying. Benefits erase a paste quite nice more moisturising but doesn't last all day. I read somewhere about using benefits lemon aid under your eyes before concealer but i don't think it really makes a difference.

Next on my list to try is bobbi browns corrector and separate concealer, i have used bobbi brown in the past and was very impressed just don't live very close to one.

Don't bother with those highlighter type pens - no good for really bad circles.

WhatsWrongWithYou Sat 04-Jun-11 20:22:36

I use erase paste on my shiners dark circles. Have deep-set eyes as well so look like a screaming skull.

The erase paste is the first one that's ever made the slightest difference, although I intend to look at the Boing and Bobbi Brown ones next.

I don't believe anything gets rid of them, it's to do with your bone structure causing the skin there to be particularly thin.

I did once try a paste of ground fenugreek and milk, which seemed to be fading them, but DH begged me to stop as the smell was too bad!

MissBeehiving Sat 04-Jun-11 21:35:07

yy to erase paste - I set mine with Powderflage. It's the best thing I've ever used.

smearedinfood Sat 04-Jun-11 21:43:50

I have darkcircles, the bane of my life,was just born with the b'stards. I use a combination of lancome highlighter and chanteille concealer, I am seen with out it in public or am told I look ill.

cybbo Sat 04-Jun-11 21:59:21

Miss does it cover by itself/ or do you just use as a setting powder?

cybbo Sat 04-Jun-11 22:02:53

miche I find a highlighter pen drawn just on the sunken bit brings it forward to make it look less haggard

MissBeehiving Sat 04-Jun-11 22:24:14

I use it to set the erase paste but it's light reflecting so I use it on it's own on my fine lines <ahem> too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: