Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Bikini with big pants (but not huge) with top that suits small boobs?

(11 Posts)
piellabakewell Sat 04-Jun-11 13:59:59

I had a look in Tesco yesterday and all the ones with small tops also had miniscule tie-side pants that I do not have the figure for. The ones with slightly bigger pants all went with tops that were sold in B, C, D or DD sizes with underwires and I'm an A cup and HATE underwires.

So where might I find a bikini (not tankini) with not-miniscule-but-not-granny pants that will hold in my post-baby tummy (she's nearly 12, so it's not going to go, is it?!) and a top that suits small boobs? Would love to say cost irrelevant but I'd be lying, ideally about £20 for both top and pants!

TheMostBeautifulPoster Sat 04-Jun-11 15:12:16

oh god that MUST be easy isnt it?
have you looked at normal shops like marks next etc
An ODD place you wil say " no way never" to but is freakily good for swimwear is bloody BHS
i know i know but look at it

TheMostBeautifulPoster Sat 04-Jun-11 15:13:29

big pants - check , ruching to vavoom tits check
not sure about colour
they do a red too

TheMostBeautifulPoster Sat 04-Jun-11 15:13:53

ooh leopard raaaaaaaaarw
you love or hate ime

tethersend Sat 04-Jun-11 15:20:12

Vintage style or here?

TheMostBeautifulPoster Sat 04-Jun-11 15:23:45

now htey are HUGE pants

chibi Sat 04-Jun-11 15:23:57

get ones which have a bottom like these although i hate this bikini

got similar from m + s and was v flattering - can't see mine on the website

do NOT go for boyshorts, ghastly

tulpe Sat 04-Jun-11 16:11:36

This bikini from Boden is gorgeous. I have it in the iris colourway. The bottoms are extremely flattering and cover all whilst not looking remotely grannified (I think they look bigger on the photo than they do irl). The top is also great - I am a C-cup but not much in the way of volume, iyswim and it gives me a really great shape.

Butterbur Sat 04-Jun-11 16:19:31

It is £47 though, Tulpe, by the time you've added in the separate pants!

tulpe Sun 05-Jun-11 16:46:45

Sorry - didn't read OP properly.

Try Oasis they have loads of bikinis in the sale for around £20 with non-string bottoms smile

piellabakewell Mon 06-Jun-11 23:52:00

Thanks for advice, have ordered a couple from BHS online - £35 for the lot. If they're no good, they just go back!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: