Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

do you use baby oil? i think baby oil rocks

(16 Posts)
TheMostBeautifulPoster Sat 04-Jun-11 12:43:28

for those reptiles amongst us. it gived your decollatage and LEGS 9 more importantly) a nice smooth look. not greasy, just young
i use the spray
i did RATE the "this Works" dry skin leg oil, but its ££ and JOhn Lewis stopped selling it smelled so nice

cybbo Sat 04-Jun-11 12:47:10

I feel I am just rubbing it into my towel though after drizzling it

TheMostBeautifulPoster Sat 04-Jun-11 12:48:33

you need dryer more horrible skin cyb

noddyholder Sat 04-Jun-11 13:00:32

Spray one is great for shaving legs

FaffTastic Sat 04-Jun-11 14:04:23

I put it on every morning just as I'm getting out if the shower. My skin is as soft as a baby's derrière even if I do say so myself. Baby oil does indeed rock

superv1xen Sat 04-Jun-11 14:08:14

i like it but it stays really greasy for me

TheMostBeautifulPoster Sat 04-Jun-11 14:20:59

It's so long lasting

bran Sat 04-Jun-11 14:29:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tulpe Sat 04-Jun-11 16:07:40

I don't think it rocks. Its a by-product of the petrol industry - as are all mineral oils. It also doesn't feed the skin as an oil should - it sits on the surface and gives the illusion of soft skin.

If you want really healthy and properly nourished skin, use a vegetable or nut oil such as sweet almond oil.

carat Sat 04-Jun-11 16:22:03

I put it in the bath so when I get out I'm nice, smooth and not oily.

About 10 years ago, they had baby oil mousse, but it's now discontinued - I loved it!

I'm into the baby nighttime range (purple bottles) - smells divine.

MooMinCow Sat 04-Jun-11 16:42:06

It's great for cleaning stainless steel grin, but agree with Tulpe. A massage therapist once told me "if you wouldn't eat it, don't put it on your skin".

I try and live by that where possible.

MissFoodie Sat 04-Jun-11 16:53:26

I agree - not only is mineral oil bad for your skin, it's not biodegradable....I'm still shocked to read people are slathering themselves in it, and not only that, putting it on their kids - and it's not just "baby oil", most big brand creams are full of it!

An alternative does not have to be expensive, sweet almond oil does the trick and it's just as cheap!

FaffTastic Sat 04-Jun-11 18:25:48

Piddle on my bonfire why don't you Tulpe grin

MumblingRagDoll Sat 04-Jun-11 18:28:46

I am a scaly person and I LOVE Baby Oil...my skin sucks it right up! As for the not putting things on your skin that you woudn't eat...tell that to my sis who controls her psoriasis with prescribed cream

ruddynorah Sat 04-Jun-11 18:30:52

No. Makes me think of petrol. Same with vaseline.

MissFoodie Sat 04-Jun-11 19:02:20

LOL ruddynorah

and yes, they're the same thing!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: