Talk

Advanced search

Spotty dotty swimming costumes or bikinis

(13 Posts)
dairymoo Sat 04-Jun-11 10:56:45

Anyone seen any nice ones? I tried and bought the Boden one in red, but returned it as sadly it didn't quite fit right.

Fancy something in navy or red, and it doesn't have to be spotty, but I do like the 'nautical' look of them. Am a bit of a Breton obsessive too!

Thanks in advance!

toastandmarmiterocks Sat 04-Jun-11 11:04:29

I've got this one in purple and also a blue which I can't find any more. The stripey Midnight Grace one looks lovely too. They are a really good fit and give great support. The frilly knicker detracts from my belly too grin

I also got a blue spotty bandeau swimming costume from Sainsburys but I can't find that on line I'm afraid.

UrsulaBuffay Sat 04-Jun-11 11:05:25

I got a fab black and white spotty one from Asda - £12! And it's a belly hider one too, 50s ish. Removable halter neck straps.

dairymoo Sat 04-Jun-11 11:24:24

Thanks both. toastandmarmiterocks did you get the big knickers? I quite fancy them but wonder how flattering they are? I am a size 8 with a fairly flat tummy but I have had three children so there is a little wrinkling that I'd like to disguise! Also BF the moment so underwired top looks great!

blossoming Sat 04-Jun-11 12:52:41

What's your budget? Because the J Crew one on NetaPorter is gorgeous here

dairymoo Sat 04-Jun-11 13:12:42

Ooh!! I love it, and am going to the States in a week and a half - will order and collect when I'm there, thanks!!

dairymoo Sat 04-Jun-11 13:15:05

Just looked, equally expensive in dollars. Hmmm.....will keep it on the backburner. Anyone else seen any?

toastandmarmiterocks Sat 04-Jun-11 13:35:33

I got the 'pin up frill bikini brief'. My size varies depending on items I'm usually an 8 but I went for the 10 because I didn't want a tight fit (so unflattering). Perhaps if I manage to stick at the 30 day shred I'll wish I'd bought the 8!

... wanders off dreaming of a teeny tiny pert size 8 toosh...

blossoming Sat 04-Jun-11 13:56:44

Lucky you going to the states! Is there anything on Figleaves?

tethersend Sat 04-Jun-11 16:49:13

this comes in black or pink

moragbellingham Mon 06-Jun-11 07:47:09

The knickers on the figleaves ones are nice (and high) but don't work with the tankini. With the bikini they should be good.

M&S has a lovely one too here. I bought the tankini last year and have last week bought the matching bikini top from Figleaves ( the Panache Monroe)

Panache also do a lovely nautical red stripe

ZumbaRumba Mon 06-Jun-11 07:51:10

I'm not usually a M&S fan, but this one is very flattering on.

dairymoo Mon 06-Jun-11 10:17:08

Thanks ladies, will have a look when the baby sleeps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now