Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Bra help please

(21 Posts)
ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 04-Jun-11 10:45:18

So, last night I cleaned out my undies drawer and threw loads of stuff away. I'm okay for knickers but desperately need some new bras. I usually get them from M&S but they are not really working for me anymore.

I'm a 32 or 34E in M&S and I like plain, plain bras with no lace. I need a couple of black and one white, so can't afford more than 30 or 35 pounds each at the absolute max. Oh and I can't contemplate the idea of those horrible moulded things either.

Please help!

toastandmarmiterocks Sat 04-Jun-11 11:07:23

Have you looked at Bravissimo?

crispyambulance Sat 04-Jun-11 11:08:10

i am a convert to the horrible moulded thing grin

they just give you a nicer shape and i find them really really comfortable!

MayDayChild Sat 04-Jun-11 11:12:32

Figleaves.com Biggest selection of bras in the universe!

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 04-Jun-11 11:14:13

It needs to be somewhere I can try on in store and we haven't got a Bravissimo.

Do the horrible moulded things not make your norks look even bigger? I hate my norks and don't want to emphasise them!

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 04-Jun-11 11:14:38

Oops - thanks btw. blush

crispyambulance Sat 04-Jun-11 11:17:53

yes bit bigger but nicer shape iykwim! try one

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 04-Jun-11 11:33:28

Thank you. I don't want to look bigger though; they are stupidly enormous as it is and I'm only little! I will try one though, as I'd love to be proved wrong. What brand?

MayDayChild Sat 04-Jun-11 12:02:33

If you use your credit card in figleaves, order dozens and return unwanted ones before the bill arrives as it's credited v quickly.

piratecat Sat 04-Jun-11 12:09:48

basic Fantasie bra. seamless will do you.

Debenhams or Figleaves.

piratecat Sat 04-Jun-11 12:11:58

actually, for a bit better shape and support i'd say this one.

good price and will last

hth

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 04-Jun-11 12:42:27

Thanks PC.

woopsidaisy Sat 04-Jun-11 13:11:27

Debenhams do some good ranges in bigger sizes. Up to a J cup. I am a 32H.
The main bit of help you need is to work out whether a bra is a good fit or not. Bras come in different shapes and sizes according to the manufacturer. So you might be one size in Fantasie but a different size in Panache IYKWIM.

There are some helpful tips here.

brighthair Sat 04-Jun-11 14:26:51

www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/t-shirt-bras/#/1?show=16&sort=1

www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/everyday-essentials/tango-classic-bra/black/png8bl/?show=16&sort=1

www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/everyday-essentials/pure-bra/white/vf25wh/?show=16&sort=1

Madlizzy Sat 04-Jun-11 14:30:10

Debenhams or John Lewis will do fittings for you. M&S are absolutely crap IME for fitting bras.

Mumelie Sat 04-Jun-11 14:49:22

I totally swear by this bra. I have loads in different colours and they seem to last forever even with machine washing. Great fit and support too.

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 04-Jun-11 15:40:52

Thanks all - I'll have a trip to HOF and report back.

DoubleDegreeStudent Sat 04-Jun-11 16:56:05

this is the best bra in the world. It looks scary, but is so comfy and I think makes my boobs (34F) look a bit smaller. Definitely avoid M&S. Lots of places stock them (the website I've linked to ordered the black in for me) so worth asking. Good luck!

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 04-Jun-11 17:40:19

Ta - it looks positively terrifying. It also looks as if her norks are escaping out of the cups at the top.

DoubleDegreeStudent Sat 04-Jun-11 22:10:47

Hmm, so it does. Not on me it doesn't! [smug face] [less smug as now worries am a funny shape]

Clary Sat 04-Jun-11 23:55:26

top bra tips ladies.

May try that Fantasie moulded one, looks scary indeed but Fantasie is a good make for me (32G/GG)

I like brastop.com for bargains - order 5 or 6 and send back any which don't fit, usually only costs a couple of quid postage.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: