Talk

Advanced search

Bra help please

(21 Posts)
ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 04-Jun-11 10:45:18

So, last night I cleaned out my undies drawer and threw loads of stuff away. I'm okay for knickers but desperately need some new bras. I usually get them from M&S but they are not really working for me anymore.

I'm a 32 or 34E in M&S and I like plain, plain bras with no lace. I need a couple of black and one white, so can't afford more than 30 or 35 pounds each at the absolute max. Oh and I can't contemplate the idea of those horrible moulded things either.

Please help!

toastandmarmiterocks Sat 04-Jun-11 11:07:23

Have you looked at Bravissimo?

crispyambulance Sat 04-Jun-11 11:08:10

i am a convert to the horrible moulded thing grin

they just give you a nicer shape and i find them really really comfortable!

MayDayChild Sat 04-Jun-11 11:12:32

Figleaves.com Biggest selection of bras in the universe!

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 04-Jun-11 11:14:13

It needs to be somewhere I can try on in store and we haven't got a Bravissimo.

Do the horrible moulded things not make your norks look even bigger? I hate my norks and don't want to emphasise them!

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 04-Jun-11 11:14:38

Oops - thanks btw. blush

crispyambulance Sat 04-Jun-11 11:17:53

yes bit bigger but nicer shape iykwim! try one

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 04-Jun-11 11:33:28

Thank you. I don't want to look bigger though; they are stupidly enormous as it is and I'm only little! I will try one though, as I'd love to be proved wrong. What brand?

MayDayChild Sat 04-Jun-11 12:02:33

If you use your credit card in figleaves, order dozens and return unwanted ones before the bill arrives as it's credited v quickly.

piratecat Sat 04-Jun-11 12:09:48

basic Fantasie bra. seamless will do you.

Debenhams or Figleaves.

piratecat Sat 04-Jun-11 12:11:58

actually, for a bit better shape and support i'd say this one.

good price and will last

hth

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 04-Jun-11 12:42:27

Thanks PC.

woopsidaisy Sat 04-Jun-11 13:11:27

Debenhams do some good ranges in bigger sizes. Up to a J cup. I am a 32H.
The main bit of help you need is to work out whether a bra is a good fit or not. Bras come in different shapes and sizes according to the manufacturer. So you might be one size in Fantasie but a different size in Panache IYKWIM.

There are some helpful tips here.

brighthair Sat 04-Jun-11 14:26:51

www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/t-shirt-bras/#/1?show=16&sort=1

www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/everyday-essentials/tango-classic-bra/black/png8bl/?show=16&sort=1

www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/everyday-essentials/pure-bra/white/vf25wh/?show=16&sort=1

Madlizzy Sat 04-Jun-11 14:30:10

Debenhams or John Lewis will do fittings for you. M&S are absolutely crap IME for fitting bras.

Mumelie Sat 04-Jun-11 14:49:22

I totally swear by this bra. I have loads in different colours and they seem to last forever even with machine washing. Great fit and support too.

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 04-Jun-11 15:40:52

Thanks all - I'll have a trip to HOF and report back.

DoubleDegreeStudent Sat 04-Jun-11 16:56:05

this is the best bra in the world. It looks scary, but is so comfy and I think makes my boobs (34F) look a bit smaller. Definitely avoid M&S. Lots of places stock them (the website I've linked to ordered the black in for me) so worth asking. Good luck!

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 04-Jun-11 17:40:19

Ta - it looks positively terrifying. It also looks as if her norks are escaping out of the cups at the top.

DoubleDegreeStudent Sat 04-Jun-11 22:10:47

Hmm, so it does. Not on me it doesn't! [smug face] [less smug as now worries am a funny shape]

Clary Sat 04-Jun-11 23:55:26

top bra tips ladies.

May try that Fantasie moulded one, looks scary indeed but Fantasie is a good make for me (32G/GG)

I like brastop.com for bargains - order 5 or 6 and send back any which don't fit, usually only costs a couple of quid postage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now