Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Bit shocked at this. And who wants me to be my personal shopper?

(7 Posts)
TheOriginalFAB Fri 03-Jun-11 19:05:19

Went on to Wallis' website and did a search on all dresses. Came up with 100. Clicked on size 16. Suddenly there is only 20 to chose from. I thought only stocking the smaller sizes had gone out with something more recent than the Ark.

I have 2 events to go too which will have the same people at both so need 2 outfits. One is an anniversary party and one is a civil partnership.

I think my only option is a dress.

Requirements are - sleeves, knee length or longer (fat calves), not too low cut (F cut breasts) and it would be a bonus if it could be worn again as a day dress.

Help please.

TheOriginalFAB Fri 03-Jun-11 19:07:15

I like this one but not available in a 16 on line so not sure if it is in store.

emsyj Fri 03-Jun-11 19:17:03

There are a few black and White wrap style dresses on the Planet website in the sale. Their sizes are big so you would need to size down to a 14 if you're normally a 16.

TheOriginalFAB Fri 03-Jun-11 19:35:03

I will have a look. Never shopped at Planet before.

Thank you.

dexter73 Fri 03-Jun-11 19:48:15

It might not be that Wallis don't stock much size 16 but that is is so popular they have sold out. I know on the Boden website the + sizes sell out very quickly.

Tortu Fri 03-Jun-11 20:06:56

Ahem. Wallis is officially my favourite shop. Mainly because I have just had a baby and blatantly went up to around a size 14, but was able to easily fit into their size 10 stuff. I suspect they don't need much in the size 16 category, because you're probably a smaller size with them.

TheOriginalFAB Fri 03-Jun-11 20:11:11

<cries as clearly fatter than she thought>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: