Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Am unsure about wedding attire.....!

(6 Posts)
MoonGirl1981 Fri 03-Jun-11 19:01:19

Was planning on this:

Prom style skirt to mid-calf in green chinese satin fabric (made myself and haven't yet had a chance to wear it).
Coffee coloured satin bustier top (same colour as some of the colours on the skirt).
Smart 3/4 sleeve cardigan same shade of green as the top.
Soe kind of hat affair in similar shades of green and brown (something else I'll make once I know what else I'm wearing).
Brown strappy sandals.
Dark green/brown clutch bag - may need to go vintage shop shopping - yay!

Wedding is in the afternoon in a country house type place.

I was all for it but having sudden doubts. I like to have my arms covered because they're minging and I struggle with dresses because of massive boobs (i.e. they're tight and revealing which sometimes I like but not at a wedding).

What did everyone else wear at the last wedding they attended?

Thanks!!

xxxx

emsyj Fri 03-Jun-11 19:05:49

A 50s style wiggle dress and matching bolero from whirlingturban.com with low heeled gold 'dance' style sandals (not dance ones, but that style IYSWIM) and a beaded bag.

Too fat for the dress now - very sad

cybbo Fri 03-Jun-11 19:07:15

I would drop the hat maybe? Otherwise sounds like it could end up loooking like a 'costume' rather than an outfit

Keep it simple

emsyj Fri 03-Jun-11 19:08:57

Yes be careful you don't end up all 'matchy matchy'.

MoonGirl1981 Fri 03-Jun-11 19:11:21

No hat? I can live without the hat. I wear glasses so maybe a hat could be an overkil. What about one of those dinky ones? I love them (and have a few in various colours) but wouldn't want to make a wedding faux pas.

emsyj Fri 03-Jun-11 19:20:16

Depends how formal the wedding is. I wouldn't bother with a hat unless it's a really superposh do.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: