Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

anyone ever actually done a full 30 days of the 30 day shred?

(8 Posts)
csemum Fri 03-Jun-11 18:45:33

if so...what were the results?

blossomtrees Fri 03-Jun-11 18:53:26

i haveand the results were not that noticable.I think it is very overrated.I prefer Davina Mccoll dvds.They have definately changed my shape

BelieveInLife Fri 03-Jun-11 19:30:28

It may be less effective because you shouldn't exercise every day of the week. You need to have at least one rest day per week, ideally two, so that your muscles and body (physiologically) have time to repair themselves.

This is essential so that your body can then work harder and capitalise on future work.

Interval training (which is essentially what shred is) is now proven to be the most effective type of exercise for weight loss and very few personal trainers would now offer anything else so if you do it right then there's no way you shouldn't see results.

AngryFeet Fri 03-Jun-11 19:32:08

I have started in but am using it in addition to other things (diet and more exercise). I think it is good but it is better to do more than 2 hours and 20 mins a week of exercise if you are trying to lose weight or change your shape.

blossomtrees Fri 03-Jun-11 19:54:18

by the way i lost 5 stones last year with the help of Paul Mckenna i can make you thin dvd.(along with exercise)if that is any help

BelieveInLife Sat 04-Jun-11 10:51:12

Actually AngryFeet that's not true. 20 minutes of high intensity interval training 5 times a week, combined with diet, will produce amazing weight loss results.

This is where a lot of people get confused - it's not how long you're doing something for, it's how intensely. You could go on a 4 hour bike ride once a week and you wouldn't lose the same weight as if you exercised for 20 mins 5 times a week.

stclair Mon 06-Jun-11 14:12:16

Thanks Believeinlife, this has given me the push to get back doing the Shred again. I did it about 3 months ago, 5 or 6 times a week along with a better diet in preparation for a holiday and definitely saw results in less than a month.

Naetha Mon 06-Jun-11 15:51:23

I did the full shred last year over about 8 weeks and it made a huge difference. Not so much to my weight, but mainly to my muscle tone and especially the inches on my waist, arms, calves and thighs.

I really would recommend it to anyone. I'm doing it again this year, and 15 days through the cycle again and already seeing changes in my waistline and arms. If I can lose the last fe pounds of fat, I may even get a six pack ;)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: