Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know of a good, cheaper alternative to Clinique High Impact Mascara?

(14 Posts)
smokeyandthebanjo Fri 03-Jun-11 13:38:50

I love it but I can't really afford it anymore. Anyone know a good alternative?

Havingkittens Fri 03-Jun-11 13:43:43

Maybe try reading the mascara thread below this one!

smokeyandthebanjo Fri 03-Jun-11 18:53:14

I did look at that one but that's a request for a mascara that gives good definition and I am looking for more of a volume mascara so it doesn't help me at all, especially as I hate Boots no 7 mascaras too.

Thanks for 'helping' though.

needsatrim Fri 03-Jun-11 18:55:48

Hi, I love the Maybelline Stiletto mascara. Have you tried that.

Also have discovered eyelash perming. Absolutely worth every penny and not half as mad as it sounds.

smokeyandthebanjo Fri 03-Jun-11 19:01:13

Haven't tried the maybelline one needsatrim, thanks. Eyelash perming sounds a bit scary though!

wendihouse22 Fri 03-Jun-11 19:05:10

Ester lauder. Sumptuous mascara. Curl, length and volume.

needsatrim Fri 03-Jun-11 19:06:36

No it is the best 1 hour you can spend, and really not expensive. They literally permanently curl your top eyelashes in an eyelash curler type of look but lasts up to 3 months. Fab

Havingkittens Fri 03-Jun-11 22:41:10

The one I mentioned in my second post on that other thread is volumising and not a No7 one, but less than £10. Maybe I should've cut and pasted instead of being so unhelpful.

Eyelash perming won't volumise your lashes either. I guess that poster was luckier than me in not getting a shitty sarcastic reply!

WhereIsTheFire Fri 03-Jun-11 22:48:08

I like L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara and I also like their Million Lashes one too. Volumising but pretty cheap.

smokeyandthebanjo Fri 03-Jun-11 22:49:50

Estee Lauder looks good too, thanks wendihouse, not sure it's any cheaper though than clinique?

Not sold on eyelash curling as my lashes are curly, just not very voluminous these days!

smokeyandthebanjo Fri 03-Jun-11 22:50:32

Wheristhefire, l'oreal extra volume sounds good too, will have a look when next in Boots, thanks.

missymum Fri 03-Jun-11 22:52:02

Max factor experience is fab, I use it when I cannot afford the clinque high impact.

smokeyandthebanjo Fri 03-Jun-11 23:15:07

Will look at the max factor one too, thanks missymum.

wendihouse22 Fri 03-Jun-11 23:21:34

I bought a cheaper alternative to my regular EL. It was £12 and a waste of money......some Max Factor " must have".

I do pay more but would rather that than have something that lasts 4 weeks and I end up binning it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now