Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Hair weave for extensions should I buy online?

(7 Posts)
Blackcoffeeandcigarettes Fri 03-Jun-11 09:16:12

ive found some hair on eBay (on an eBay shop) for hair for my extensions. they are considerably cheaper than in shops, they say they are good quality, grade a human hair. I'm unsure. Should I risk it? Has anyone bought hair online and it been ok?

Havingkittens Fri 03-Jun-11 10:16:05

It's pretty hard to colour match if you buy online so you may end up with extensions a different tone to your actual hair. If however, it's a colour you've used before and you know the reference or don't mind dying it then it may be worth a try.

Don't know where you are based but if you are in London, try Pak's Hair in Finsbury Park or some of the shops around Shepherd's Bush Market for cheap hair weaves/extensions/wigs etc.

Blackcoffeeandcigarettes Fri 03-Jun-11 11:04:24

My hair is jet black, I've just moved to Newcastle and hair is so much more expensive as there's no choice! I used to buy it in the Afro shops and it was sooo much cheaper!

Havingkittens Fri 03-Jun-11 13:31:28

If it's jet black then obviously matching won't be an issue. If the hair is cheap maybe it's worth taking a chance for this occasion and if it doesn't work out then don't use them again. Or, failing that, Pak's have a website that you can order from online. They are an afro hair supplier, like the ones you're used to buying from. All the hair and make up people down here use them so they are reputable and cheap.

www.pakcosmetics.com

TattyDevine Fri 03-Jun-11 13:52:15

Pay with paypal - if what they send is "significantly not as described" - ie anything other than human hair and jet black, in the measurements they say - you can send it back and get a refund regardless of their returns policy or lack thereof, and regardless of any hygeine issues - if they don't pay you back, Paypal will.

Mahraih Fri 03-Jun-11 17:51:40

As per havingkittens' suggestion, buy from Pak's. I've been to their RL store and the good quality human hair is indeed good quality human hair.

Blackcoffeeandcigarettes Fri 03-Jun-11 20:23:08

Thanks everyone! Sorry for the late reply, been in work. I'll check it put tonight! X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: