Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

How would I accesorise this dress for an (early) September wedding?

(21 Posts)
TattyDevine Fri 03-Jun-11 09:07:23

I don't know for sure I'll be keepint this till it arrives and Ive tried it on, but how would I accesorise this up for a wedding?

What colour shoes and bag? Bearing in mind this is a family wedding and I might end up in some full-length shots for the family album I best get it right...

Any ideas wise ones? An added bonus would be that whatever shoes I wear wouldn't sink into a lawn...though I can probably get away with a stiletto heel if I must (I'll just stick to paths!)

Thank you wise ones...

TattyDevine Fri 03-Jun-11 09:07:42

Lets try that again with the chuffing link this time

Marne Fri 03-Jun-11 09:13:31

Silver?

Marlinspike Fri 03-Jun-11 09:15:52

Personally I would go black heels/ black clutch with silver clasp, and maybe a black statement necklace - quite big but simple. A small black hairpiece or fascinator would top the whole thing off.

Love the colour of the dress!

Marlinspike Fri 03-Jun-11 09:16:26

Just seen lawn thing - wedges maybe?

TattyDevine Fri 03-Jun-11 09:53:24

Good ideas there thanks. I wondered if black would be too harsh but perhaps not...

TattyDevine Fri 03-Jun-11 09:55:37

Though I like the silver idea and it suits my skin.

TattyDevine Fri 03-Jun-11 10:26:47

Would it be terribly wrong, do you think, to wear an animal print shoe, like a leopard or zebra, but a sort of "good" version of it (and there are good and bad versions)...

JunoWatt Fri 03-Jun-11 10:29:42

no stupid fascinator

JunoWatt Fri 03-Jun-11 10:30:08

it depends on your colouringd
if dark do black , if not then silver

Marne Fri 03-Jun-11 10:31:24

I think it depends if you want to make a statement or just blend in smile, zebra print would look great but i'm not sure if i would be brave enough, i would go for Silver or maybe a bit of yellow (bracelet/beads).

JunoWatt Fri 03-Jun-11 10:33:16

birght orange also good with poster paint green

TattyDevine Fri 03-Jun-11 10:36:26

By "good version" I mean this kind of thing

Which means a bad version might be this or perhaps this grin

Marne Fri 03-Jun-11 10:40:12

lol, i think the lat ones look great grin

gingergaskell Fri 03-Jun-11 10:41:01

Lovely dress. smile

I wouldn't do anything for the neck, so as not to detract from the detail on the dress there.
Bracelet/s and earrings for jewellery, depending on your hair and style.

For shoes, I'd go another jewel tone, in the reds range. If that's a bit bold for your liking then stick with a strappy sandal. Not personally sure about an animal print to be honest, kind of crossing your jewel colours trend with your safari trend!

The less stiletto the heel for the grass the better, practically speaking, but that wouldn't put me off necessarily, good excuse for teetering later after the champagne! grin

YesterdaysPants Fri 03-Jun-11 12:08:06

Mmm I love the colour of the dress. No necklace as it has a feature neckline, a chunky silver bracelet. Not a cardi or shrug as it would spoil the line of the dress, cardis and tunic styles end up making you look like an oblong. A white or cream pashmina with green leafy design would be perfect... can't find one but if you like animal this would be nice smile Oh and cream or white wooden-heeled wedges or chunky heels.

Bumblequeen Fri 03-Jun-11 18:29:37

This dress is very pretty.

I agree with giergaskell - do not wear a necklace as the neckline is pretty enough.

Brown shoe would look edgy but for a wedding perhaps silver is more dressy.

TattyDevine Fri 03-Jun-11 20:11:00

Yep, I think I'm going to go with Silver. Have been googling around and looking at examples of emerald green dresses all accessorised up and silver is great. Its a nice neutral tone which brings out the green of the dress. Its easy to find silver shoes, and easy to match a bag to the shoe (though I know that's not a rule these days) and it suits my skin tone.

I'm not going to have a necklace with that neckline, I dont think, or a fascniator or hat - its a slightly more chilled out second wedding, the bride indicated that she didn't expect that of her guests and I always end up with hat hair and I can't quite get facinators right (can anyone?!?)

I like the idea of red but am scared of looking Christmas-themed.

I might do a slightly bling diamonte dangly earring, we'll see, as its a late afternoon into evening jobby.

Thank you ladies!

bufforpingtonchick Fri 03-Jun-11 20:12:39

this wrap would be lovely.

bufforpingtonchick Fri 03-Jun-11 20:13:30

Pale pink looks really nice with green too, weddingy though OSS a bit spring-like.

bufforpingtonchick Fri 03-Jun-11 20:13:57

* poss not OSS whatever that is!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: