Talk

Advanced search

Good quality suits for work - Bicester?

(4 Posts)
mamadash Fri 03-Jun-11 08:56:30

Hi,

Wondering if you can help me. I have tended to wear my 3 next suits for the last few year and suffice to say I have worn them out. I have a big interview coming up next week (which would mean a promotion if i got it). I think it is high time I invested in a good suit. Am thinking of going down the hobbs/jigsaw end. Would you recommend this or are there any other makes that I should consider. I am petite 5.3 and a size 12 and tend to wear trouser suits - dont like my legs. I really dont want black as that is what I always wear. Was planning on heading up to Bicester this weekend - has anybody recently been there to Hobbs/Jigsaw? Do you get much of a variety of styles and sizes available there and also how much would you expect to fork out for a suit there. Looking at the high street shops it seems to be about £300 - if I can get a suit for £150-£200 then I would be happy.

Would welcome any advice - am quite anxious as finally have decided to invest but know when I really go looking for something I never find something that fits nicely, that I like etc..and then just get frustrated with the whole process.

So far, I like this suit

www.hobbs.co.uk/index.cfm?page=1409

but it's a skinny leg and I have thunder thighs so i really need bootcut/straight leg/wide leg styles.

Oh I wish I had good legs - love some of the skirt suits on the hobbs wesite.

Anyway I am rambling....would love your advice...

mamadash Fri 03-Jun-11 20:16:17

Bumping. Please....

herecomesthsun Fri 03-Jun-11 22:29:31

Austin Reed?

I have big thighs and find skirt suits much much more flattering than trousers, by the way!

herecomesthsun Fri 03-Jun-11 22:37:31

Eiffel jacket and trousers

clearance Hobbs trousers in 12 and some have matching jackets

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now