Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

just did an amazing pedicure - better than any salon treatment!

(5 Posts)
bacon Thu 02-Jun-11 21:22:17

My feet particularly my heels are bad. Even after numerous vists for pedicures I'm never that impressed so tonight I thought I'd have a good go myself;

Scholl rough skin remover - used on dry feet. Scrubed like a wild animal until all the cream had fallen off.

Followed by an excellent filing all around. A good soak in a bowl of warm water and another file. Hey presto! feet super smooth and heels on the mend with a good smothering of moisturiser.

Bargin treatment! Any other better home treatments worth a mention?

Frenchchic Thu 02-Jun-11 21:47:43

Tablespoon of Sweet Almond oil, add some salt. Gently massage face (avoiding undereye area) for about two minutes, wash off. Then add a drop more of the Almond Oil to your fingertips, rub into face and go to sleep. Lovely glowy soft skin in the morning. Works better than any facial I've ever had and love the fact that it's so cheap!

TiredMonkey Thu 02-Jun-11 21:51:42

Is the almond oil ok for oily skin? I have really greasy skin, and a few acne scars that I'm very conscious of, but friends say you can't see until I mention them so am always trying different scrubby things. Sometimes I think it might just be making it worse.

TiredMonkey Thu 02-Jun-11 21:55:40

My home treatment, as good as the very expensive Keratin hair repair treatment I used to use back in the days when I had spare money=

2 egg yolks, a couple of big spoonfulls of the creamy bit of a tin of coconut milk, one overripe banana, a good glug of almond oil and a squeeze of honey. Whizz up with hand blender. Apply as usual hair treatment.

I tend to stick a carrier bag, then a towel on to keep the heat in for 15 mins to half an hour then rinse off and condition and rinse. Works wonders smile

Buda Thu 02-Jun-11 21:58:07

Rough dry hands - teaspoon olive oil and a teaspoon of sugar in palm of hand. Rub hands together and rub mixture all over. Rinse well. Fab soft hands.

Tiredmonkey - overdoing the facial scrubs could well be making your skin worse.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: