Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

How to cut your own hair?

(4 Posts)
pink4ever Thu 02-Jun-11 19:20:22

I have got a couple nights out coming up and have spent all my cash on something to wearblush but my hair really needs cutting.
How can I do it myself at home?-just past shoulder length,very thick with layers round the front and the back.

Lambskin Thu 02-Jun-11 20:40:29

Very dangerous thing to do but I used to cut my hair all the time and I used to have a style very similar to yours. You tip you head forward and brush it and cut straight across. This creates layers and trims it. I learnt it from a hairdresser and it did the trick. Feel a bit nervous advising this -do you have a steady hand? Good luck smile

FebreezeYourJeans Thu 02-Jun-11 20:58:39

There used to be a MN cut. grin Seem to remember it involved head down and creating a pony tail. Ermmmmm... that is so vague that I don't recommend it, but I'm sure someone else will remember more details.

PukeyRag Thu 02-Jun-11 21:01:15

I've been feather cutting my hair for years and the best way for me is to cut downwards, to create the layers, and by doing that it blends the hair nicely, iyswim. I find it easier this way as I can see what i'm doing, I use my BIG bathroom mirror and hang a mirror up behind me on a couple of shower curtain hooks grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: