Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Anyone got this Boden dress??

(7 Posts)
polyhymnia Thu 02-Jun-11 14:51:58

Here;
www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Dresses/Above-Knee-Dresses/WH266/Womens-Jersey-Tie-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4

If so, what do you think of it?

Ordered it in the grey spot, as shown. I can't make up my mind about it. When first tried it on, seemed to look pretty good, despite high neckline - as a busty 22, I usually stick to V or scoop necks. Just tried it on again and having big doubts. Material very thin and it's designed deliberately to drape to one side above waist IYSWIM.

Obviously will look different on different people but any views welcome!

FebreezeYourJeans Thu 02-Jun-11 15:00:43

I don't like it at all, I'm a busty (FF) 12/14 and it would look vile on me. However I haven't actually got it or tried it on so not much help really.

Sorry!

sue52 Thu 02-Jun-11 15:12:52

I've got it in the dark blue mosaic. I'm a boden size 8 and don't fill a b cup bra. It looks good on but I customised it by cutting off the tie and wearing it with a wide belt. I always wear a slip with it as it is see through in sunshine.

polyhymnia Thu 02-Jun-11 18:02:17

That's a good idea, sue52 - I have a couple of Boden belts which would look good with it.

strawberryjelly Thu 02-Jun-11 20:08:15

I bought it and sent it back- got the purple.

I am a size 8-10 32C.

I thought it was cheap and nasty in reality. Also the top half was baggy and the hips were tight- and I am a 35 inch hip!

TantePiste Thu 02-Jun-11 21:30:09

I tried it in the purple but sent it back. I am a UK 12 hourglass shape and the cut did not do anything for me.

Flugelpip Thu 02-Jun-11 22:55:50

I got the green and sent it back. It looked skimpy, the fabric seemed too thin and the draping of the top made me look rectangular (I am a UK 12, hourglass shape). It seemed designed to hide the good things about my figure and emphasise the bad. But as you say, different figures make a difference! I really wanted to like it, and if it hadn't been for the cut of the top I would have tried it in a 14 to see if that was better.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: