Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Help me find a dress...

(2 Posts)
RockChick1984 Thu 02-Jun-11 14:45:39

It's my son's christening at the end of June, and I'm still carrying a fair bit of baby weight. I'm utterly stumped about what to wear for it, I don't want to spend a lot as I'm hoping to slim down but have accepted it's not going to happen in time for this! I'm currently a size 12/14, and a definite apple shape, if I was my pre-preg size and shape I'd wear a 50's type dress, but as I no longer have anything resembling a waist I don't think stuff like that would suit me any more! Any suggestions for me? Xx

cheekeymonkey Fri 03-Jun-11 14:42:49

There are some beautiful Maxi dressed out there which are great for summer and the non-waisted ones look gorgeous on apple or pregnant ladies.
Very flattering as the length seems to slim and elongate.

Shops are heaving them, also on line boohoo have a good range but read the reviews so that you know how they fit.

Wallis and Debs have a good range.

Look nice with shrugs or bolero's to cover any upper arm problems

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: