Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Clinique city block Has anyone tried it?

(10 Posts)
Annem1 Wed 01-Jun-11 16:25:23

I have hyperpigmentation and have been advised by my gp to where sunblock is clinique city block any good a lot of sunscreens are too greasy for my skin and give me blocked pores

HelenBaaBaaBlackSheep Wed 01-Jun-11 16:40:01

I used it all through summer when living abroad and it is slightly greasy but was the best I found

strawberryjelly Wed 01-Jun-11 16:57:59

used it for over 20 years.
i is not greasy at all. In fact i think it is advertsied as being oil free. I use it every day under foundation. Works as a nice primer.

valiumbandwitch Wed 01-Jun-11 16:59:16

I'd agree with that, it has a slightly oily feel to it, but it's a good spf. I had dry skin so it did no harm to my skin at all. only the price would prevent me using it all the time. I use oil of olay spf15 now.

TracyK Wed 01-Jun-11 17:01:01

I have used it in the past. Its slightly tinted - so you can get away without foundation.

I liked it - however I wasn't sure I could wear moisturiser on underneath it (in case it stopped the spf being as effective) - so sometimes my skin got a bit dry. Then I'd just up the thickness of my night cream.

strawberryjelly Wed 01-Jun-11 17:03:03

I use Super Defence or Youth Surge moisturiser, then City Block, then foundation.

It's brilliant stuff. i am 50s and have no wrinkles, Clinique asst thought I was early 40s.

travailtotravel Wed 01-Jun-11 18:24:37

Yup, its good stuff. I could often get away without other make up too, as it gives a nice finish on the face. Not found it to be greasy.

coastgirl Wed 01-Jun-11 18:25:56

I use it instead of foundation in summer - gives the right amount of coverage for me and I like the SPF factor.

mamadash Fri 03-Jun-11 09:21:59

Yup recently got it as I too am prone to sun pigmentation. Not greasy at all and I use it over serum and a moisturiser followed by usual makeup. Would recommend. Think £15 is quite good given that Clarins have just launched one for £25-£30. You need very little so I expect it to last quite long.

sedgiebaby Fri 03-Jun-11 10:01:02

I've used it for a few years but only just switched to stila spf 30 oil free moisturiser after a rec on here (cheapsmells have it for only 5.99) and I LOVE it - much more than the clinique. Even better for my oily skin, I use bare minerals (spf 15) on top of that and do not need much at all. Interestingly my mum finds her age spots improved for using bare minerals...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: