Talk

Advanced search

Skincare advice needed

(5 Posts)
Tigerbomb Wed 01-Jun-11 14:30:21

I need some advice. I am rapidly coming to the age of 46 and feel that I should have some kind of skincare thing going on

I have never ever moisturised, cleansed or toned, I don't even wash my face in soap, just water (God, I sound like a right dirty trollop).

In my defense, I don't have any skin problems and believe me I have looked. I do get the odd spot though.

I suffer from psoriasis and sometimes get it on my forehead but other than that no blackheads, lines, wrinkles crows feet or anything. I presume this is because I am a mardy cow and rarely smile.

I apparently dont look my age but I know this isn't going to last forever so can anyone help with what I should be doing/using.

bettysbeauty Wed 01-Jun-11 15:56:39

Sun light is excellent for psoriasis. Use a cleanser, toner and moisturiser for sensitive skin or dry skin if it is very dry. try not to use exfoliants as it can cause it to get worse.

HazeltheMcWitch Wed 01-Jun-11 16:02:57

If you want a 'beauty routine', and you're doing nothing now, I'd start REALLY simple - like 2 products max. Any more and you wont use it and you'll curse the waste of money.

So, I'd prescribe a gentle cleanser - maybe Dermalogica Ultra Calming or Gel. Both wash off which might be best for you, but the former can also be wiped off too.

Then a moisturiser, to use day and night. You can get seperate but not sure you're 'there' yet!! As you mention psoriasis, again, I'd go gentle and try THIS.

Tigerbomb Wed 01-Jun-11 19:39:54

Thank you. I did go along to Boots and had a look but all those creams/lotions potions left me confused and slightly scared.

It all looked like so much hard work grin

MissFoodie Wed 01-Jun-11 22:10:16

I would go for a few very natural products, if it's any help, I write a blog and review chemical free beauty products, you might find some on here you can try: www.yumetc.blogspot.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now