Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Can you wear a jumpsuit even if you are short?

(5 Posts)
ComeAlongPond Wed 01-Jun-11 13:40:47

I'm 5 foot 3 sad I really want a skinny-leg black one, though, to wear with some lovely black wedges I've liberated from the attic.

I'm skinny, if that makes a difference. And young.

Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes...

<Prepares to have hopes crushed>

missinglalaland Wed 01-Jun-11 19:49:51

Of course you can! It would probably look really nice on you. Here is a blog post from a lady in the USA her sews many of her own clothes. Her comments on jumpsuits made me smile and stop and think.
http://www.ericabunker.com/2011/04/jumpsuits.html

DilysPrice Wed 01-Jun-11 19:54:37

Yes of course you can, but really high heel are probably the key. I've got an 80's (pretending to be 1940's, think shoulder pads, wide legs and Alexis Colby/Carrington) black jumpsuit lurking in the back of my wardrobe and dying for its moment in the sun, and I looked perfectly fine in it in high heeled Mary Janes.

mrsravelstein Wed 01-Jun-11 20:00:44

yup, i'm skinny and same height as you and have 2 jumpsuits... worn with very very high heels...

ComeAlongPond Thu 02-Jun-11 13:30:05

Oh yay! Thanks all grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: