Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Can you recommend me an eyebrow powder kit? (not beneshit brow zing)

(12 Posts)
GetOrf Wed 01-Jun-11 12:00:20

I used to have a brilliant eyeshadow - it was Loreal but has been discontinued.

DD bought me browzings for my birthday, however it no good (it gives me ginger eyebrows and the wax makes my skin go red) so I slung it out.

I want a powder and a little brush, not a pencil. Also would like a waxy substance as well, as just plain powder in its own looks odd (I have tried vaseline on top and that gives a greasy Stalinesque browed look)

QuinnFabray Wed 01-Jun-11 13:02:45

What is your colouring? What colour are your eyebrows? I use MAC eyeshadow in "concrete" and a flat eyeliner brush. Cheap clear mascara to tame them, collection 2000 I think it is.

GetOrf Wed 01-Jun-11 13:10:42

I am blonde and pale but have very dark eyebrows for some reason. They are my best feature so like to emphasise.

I have tried eyeshadow - I have hundreds of them kicking around - however most of them have a slight glitter, so look like someone out of Pans People.

WhatTheActualFuck Wed 01-Jun-11 13:17:12

Illamasqua eyebrow cakes are fab. They are available I several shades so you should find one to suit your colouring

aftereight Wed 01-Jun-11 13:26:46

I use a Bobbi Brown eyeshadow called Sable, with eyebrow brush from an old Clinique eyebrow powder/wax kit (which was v good but I didn't like the green packaging!). I am pale with freckles and strawberry blonde hair.

mippy Wed 01-Jun-11 16:42:29

I've been using a Smashbox one for a while - I also like Urban Decay brow boxes, there is a ginger one but it's tricky to find.

JunoWatt Wed 01-Jun-11 16:52:26

there is one by suqoo or similar.
is supposed ot be good

JunoWatt Wed 01-Jun-11 16:53:39

www.selfridges.com/en/Beauty/Categories/NEW-IN/Make-up-colour/Eyebrow-Liquid-Pen_396-3000994-LIQUIDPEN/?cm_mmc=SEO-_-google-_-googleshopping-_-productfeed

with a blog on it here

www.ymbeautyblog.com/2011/03/suqqu-eyebrow-liquid-pen-r-review.html

WholeLottaRosie Wed 01-Jun-11 19:11:06

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MosEisley Wed 01-Jun-11 19:43:24

Another vote for Smashbox.

HeavyHeidi Wed 01-Jun-11 19:58:39

this is the best, I barely have any eyebrows. looks natural and stays put the whole day.
www.sca.shiseido.com/index.cfm?select=catalog/index.cfm?product=208

GetOrf Thu 02-Jun-11 14:27:08

Thanks very much everyone - am going to have a good look at these.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: