Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

These gladiators???

(6 Posts)
polyhymnia Wed 01-Jun-11 10:51:27

Having thought I was a bit bored with glads, though they don't show much sign of going out of fashion (that I've noticed), I saw a woman looking good in these the other day:

www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/gallery/2009/jun/11/best-gladiator-sandals#/?picture=348746773&index=7

It's a style (Gladrags) Russell and Bromley have been doing for last couple of years. Am a big R and B fan, so couldn't resist trying them on and very tempted. Obviously price is high but I've found their stuff is great quality and lasts really well.

Anyone want to persuade me not to buy - or, indeed, to buy - them???

carciofi Wed 01-Jun-11 11:21:19

I have them and wear them a lot, well, I did until my feet swelled due to being 9 months pregnant! So I say go for it. smile

polyhymnia Wed 01-Jun-11 12:12:00

Many thanks, carciofi - know you're super stylish so think I really must take your advice!

Phoned R and B who said they are (finally) discontinuing this style at end of summer, and, as they were really comfortable as well as looking good, don't want to miss out (at least that's my excuse).

carciofi Wed 01-Jun-11 12:29:34

In that case, you must get them.
Thanks but you should see me now! Only Fitflops fit. shock

polyhymnia Wed 01-Jun-11 12:30:59

I have Fitflops too but don't want to wear them all the time! Hope all is going well for you, apart from footwear restrictions.

RichTeaAreCrap Wed 01-Jun-11 13:40:05

I've got them in the nude colour - they are nice and very comfy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: