Talk

Advanced search

Keeping warm in the evenings on holiday

(5 Posts)
miche8 Wed 01-Jun-11 07:37:59

Can anyone suggest what to wear to keep warm when going out for meals in the evening while on holiday, tend to sit outside and i feel the cold. Have got loads of lovely sleeveless, strapless dresses and vest tops which will be a shame to cover up i know. Will take cropped denim jacket, have a pale grey boyfriend type cardigan.

Are cropped cardigans with short sleeves and big scarves/wraps a bit frumpy?

Or do you think greece in june will be boiling? i usually go away towards the end of the september and never pack enough warm clothes. Really showing my age when i consider will an outfit be warm.

tulpe Wed 01-Jun-11 08:33:52

Depends where you are in Greece. Islands will be warm enough but IME mainland can still be quite cool in June in the evenings.

Personally, I cannot abide short sleeve cardigans. They look very mumsy IMO. I always use either full sleeve/3-4 sleeve cardi or a wrap.

Cafefrappe Wed 01-Jun-11 08:55:36

Yes I know what you mean about short sleeved cardis. I always bring on holiday with me a couple of long/3/4 sleeved fitted cardis - usually one in White, black and whatever other colours will go with what I'm bringing . I often get mine from Zara - about £15 with loads of different colours to choose from x

nicole333 Wed 01-Jun-11 09:15:15

How about a heavy/thick wide scarf or pashmina. A realy good quality one, so it does the trick of keeping you warm. You could wear it travelling too as it's always freezing when you land back in the UK!

Patsy99 Wed 01-Jun-11 16:45:26

I recently bought this 3/4 sleeve fitted cardi from French Connection for the same reason:

www.frenchconnection.com/product/Woman+Collections+Knitwear/483Z1/Ella+Knits+Cardigan.htm

Zara/Mango do similar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now