Talk

Advanced search

There are 30 days in June. Who wants to do the 30 day shred every day this month?

(653 Posts)
TattyDevine Tue 31-May-11 21:06:05

Right, ladies its that time of year one has to get shredded. There are holidays, there are barbecues, there are weddings to attend. One has to look good, and one has to undo any overindulgence of attending said events.

So I will be doing the 30 day shred every day in June, unless extraneous circumstances prevent me, these being:

Loss of life or loss of limb;
Illness involving either puking or high temperature;
Velcro-baby (i.e sick child keeping one up all night or similar shenanigans)

Any other excuses will not be tolerated.

Is anyone else in? You must check in daily to say you've done it and you may post your weight loss or inch loss weekly if you feel inclined. Plus wax lyrical about how shredded you feel and how hard your bottom is and how you can't really lift your arm very well or it shakes like a leaf but it doesn't matter because you can fit into your least mumsy swimsuit.

See you tomorrow!

moragbellingham Tue 31-May-11 21:12:07

Very motivational speech there.

Jillian must come out tomorrow then - does it take long? I can normally find about 5-10 mins without DCs fighting.

If I start my "17 day diet" too, will I have buns of steel by July????

monstersX2 Tue 31-May-11 21:12:15

I've started it at the beginning of the year but midway through was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome, im feeling much better than i have been for the last year so i will join you.

Will have to see how i get on though because last time i struggled through not realising what i have and it made me ill for weeks.

TattyDevine Tue 31-May-11 21:26:58

Nice one Morag. It's 20 minutes, even I can do it. I actually did it today and yesterday. Yesterday DH was home to deal with kids but today I just put the stair gate across so my DD (tiny tot) couldn't come upstairs and told my son to look after her and come up if anything happened!

I figure I could also do it if she was in her booster seat colouring, as its only 20 minutes.

Ignore fighting, just do it. Or bribe them. Or lock them outside. Or lock one outside and one inside. You get the drift.

Monsters - take it easy, bit at a time, it might energise you, it might not. Worth a try?

Megatron Tue 31-May-11 21:37:03

What is shredding? What do I have to do?

missmakesstuff Tue 31-May-11 21:38:39

Ooh, I'm a day late unless I go and do it now, did it for about two weeks last month but tailed off as so tired and busy at work. It's half term, so I shouldn't have any excuses, but I have a very painful back at the moment, should be better tomorrow so will defo do tom evening.
I found it fairly easy when doing it, but I struggled to keep motivated. Maybe this will help!

I also have stupidly booked myself onto the 10k race for life in July, 5 weeks time, I must be mad, was doing the couch to 5k but also lost motivation! Cannot run 5k yet, let alone 10!!

missmakesstuff Tue 31-May-11 21:40:13

Oops, just realised not a day late! Thought it was the first today! Woohoo, will start tomorrow then! (2 lots of Ibruprofen today have made me a bit woozy I think...)

monstersX2 Tue 31-May-11 21:42:58

I agree, sometimes if my youngest (3) plays up i get him to join in! And the 20 mins of pure pain goes surprisingly quick wink

Tatty- ill do it even if i stick to level 1 for the 30 days, better than nothing.

Bumperlicioso Tue 31-May-11 21:44:50

Ooh how timely! This is my plan too smile

Bumperlicioso Tue 31-May-11 21:46:36

My biggest excuse barrier will be that I am dead tired with an 8mo who still wakes 2-3 times a night <sob>

missmakesstuff Tue 31-May-11 21:47:35

Although I can't do it with DD in the room (1) she lays all over me and bites my face when I do the abs part. It's distracting.

missmakesstuff Tue 31-May-11 21:50:23

Megatron, its Gillian Michaels 30 day shred, its 20 mins plus warm up and cool down, circuits of abs, strength and cardio, and its bloody evil alright really...there are different levels, and by the time you feel like dying, its over!
You need the DVD or dodgy download and a mat, some trainers and weights, cans would do it to begin with.

Megatron Tue 31-May-11 21:51:02

WHAT IS SHREDDING????

Megatron Tue 31-May-11 21:53:03

I have a mat! And cans of beans! Will look on Amazon for DVD - I may have to join you all a couple of days late but I think I may like the cut of Gillian Michaels jib. I'm feeling a little portly of late.

Pollyanna Tue 31-May-11 21:54:52

ooh me too. i was just saying to dh that we should start tomorrow. have weights and mat (have done a few days before).

iEmbarassedMyself Tue 31-May-11 21:57:47

I'm in! Will take a long lunch each day this week so shouldn't have any excuse, will hopefully have checked in by 2pm.

Megatron Tue 31-May-11 21:59:58

I've ordered it - £5.99 on Amazon. Blimey I'm so easily led. I think the three glasses of red and half a packet of jaffa cakes have clouded my judgement.

DialsMavis Tue 31-May-11 22:01:40

Im in, I have yet to get past day 6 blush

georgie22 Tue 31-May-11 22:07:52

Yep I'll join in. Managed 6 or 7 days of it 2 weeks ago but then felt rough due to my thyroid so haven't done it since. Need some serious motivation to get rid of this post baby fat!!

SilentSinger Tue 31-May-11 22:16:33

I'm in. I need to do something serious now to get fitter and lose weight.

TattyDevine Tue 31-May-11 22:28:35

Welcome Megatron and all other recruits.

Lets get shredded. See you here tomorrow!

TattyDevine Tue 31-May-11 22:31:41

Anyone who really wants to get started tomorrow, you can buy it on iTunes. Ideally you'd see it on a TV screen but you could see enough if you had your laptop or computer within eye-range.

Also dogey download

TattyDevine Tue 31-May-11 22:32:32

Of course, if one has a iPhone and composite cable one could project it onto one's TV with that.

<<Need to stop saying "one" so much>>

missmakesstuff Tue 31-May-11 22:34:26

I suggest Graboid free trial...

AngryFeet Tue 31-May-11 22:36:17

Me me me! I have has the DVD for months and have done it once blush. starting diet tomorrow too :-) I am so unfit now I may die so if you don't hear from me again you can blame yourselves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now