Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Is it too soon to buy a dress for a do in August?

(8 Posts)
TheOriginalFAB Tue 31-May-11 20:04:30

I have no idea what to wear as I have not been to a civil partnership before (assuming dress code is like a wedding? It is stated as smart casual).

I am hoping to lose more weight so don't want to buy too soon and it then not fit, but then shops sell winter stuff in July so I might miss out confused.

I am 39, have F cup breasts, good bum, terrible legs and can't wear high heels.

What do I wear??

strawberryjelly Tue 31-May-11 21:06:43

What about a smart wrap over dress?
Or s shift - fitted if you are hourglass.

Have you looked at

Phase 8
fenn wright manson
LK Bennett
Boden

M&S
Jigsaw

all the usual suspects.

TattyDevine Tue 31-May-11 21:10:49

I would go ahead and find something on the basis that August is a shambles with end of sale stuff and Autumn stuff out. Yet the weather might be quite hot and its frustrating when everything is out of stock.

Makes me wonder if I should get something for my sister-in-law's wedding in September...I might wait a bit. Hmmm.

TheOriginalFAB Tue 31-May-11 21:11:48

I like the idea of a wrap dress but have only seen short ones.

Cafefrappe Tue 31-May-11 21:24:42

Yes I think you should go ahead - perhaps get something that's a little on the 'snug' side to allow for the weight loss! Monsoon are usually quite good for longer length dresses.As is whitestuff for something a little more smart/casual

tethersend Tue 31-May-11 21:51:07

Here?

Here?

ChiddelyPie Tue 31-May-11 22:53:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheOriginalFAB Wed 01-Jun-11 14:07:46

I like both of those tethersend.

ChidderlyPie - I like the first one but it is strapless so not a good idea with my breasts. Thank you though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: