Talk

Advanced search

So tell me about fitflops

(27 Posts)
ChablisLover Tue 31-May-11 18:16:19

so I saw a pair of fit flops supertones - the trainers ones.

They had £20 off so were £65.

Do they work? Are they any good?

My dear mother said they were ugly.

All opinions welcomed
Thanks

Buda Tue 31-May-11 18:19:30

I have fitflops and wear them around the house mostly except when I forget I have them on. I bought them to see if they would give a bit more support than normal flat flipflops which I live in indoors here in summer. Year before last I got really sore calves and heels. They do give much better support and I had no pain last year.

Not sure if they tone legs and bum though.

ggirl Tue 31-May-11 18:20:54

forget about the tonig crapola
they are mega comfy if you have any problems with your feet/back etc

doglover Tue 31-May-11 19:03:20

I have problems with my feet (plantar fasciitis) and they've been a Godsend! I have 3 pairs of sandals (2 toepost), 2 pairs of Supertone short boots and have just ordered a tall pair. I can thoroughly recommend them!

Ooopsadaisy Tue 31-May-11 19:10:20

doglover - yes! me too! Plantar fasciitis (I'm copying your spelling!)

I know I got this condition from wearing terrible flip-flops for years and years and years and walking miles in them. I have literally knackered my feet.

I was given a pair of fitflops by a friend who found them uncomfortable as she suggested that they might help me wear my chosen footwear while saving me the pain. I love her!

I couldn't give a rat's arse if they tone me or not - they are soooo comfy. Bloody ugly things though.

doglover Tue 31-May-11 19:54:54

Not sure about spelling - must check! OK, they're not haute couture but it's not an exaggeration to say that they've allowed me to lead a normal life. Prior to 'discovering' the brand, I was hobbling around in severe pain and now can walk and exercise in total comfort.

polyhymnia Tue 31-May-11 23:18:20

I'm another FF fan - on grounds of comfort. I lived in the boots through winter (I do have them in 3 different colours and styles).

I have the Supertones in navy and find them incredibly comfortable and supportive, like the boots. I certainly wouldn't wear them on every occasion - even for casual ones, have other options such as silver ballerinas and Boden plimsolls - but, if I know I'm going to do lots of walking, they are my first choice. Would prefer they were less 'clumpy' but not too bad with the right clothes and certainly give much more support than less clumpy plimsoll styles such as Boden.

piellabakewell Wed 01-Jun-11 01:15:33

I have three pairs of FitFlops and I love them smile

bettysbeauty Wed 01-Jun-11 16:10:10

I've got a pair of tone up sketchers and I don't know if they help burn extra calories but I certainly can walk miles in them, very comfy. Avon are them now too.

HelenBaaBaaBlackSheep Wed 01-Jun-11 16:40:56

I don't think they work and they are very ugly but they are also super-comfy if you do quite a bit of walking

PinotGrigiosKittens Wed 01-Jun-11 16:41:14

Beware cheapo crappy imitations. Buy them but they are addictove and you'll soon have flipflop types, boots, clogs and trainers. And you'll begrudge wearing "normal" shoes IME!

PinotGrigiosKittens Wed 01-Jun-11 16:41:24

addictive sorry

minipen Wed 01-Jun-11 16:53:02

where are they with £20 off? I love them, so comfy makes such a difference to my back pain.

Mumelie Wed 01-Jun-11 16:58:05

I love Fitflops and have also been able to lead a now normal walking life with no knee pain since buying some. I have 2 pairs of the trainers, 1 pair boots and just purchased the new Floretta sandals which are lovely.
However I have had heel pain in one foot since the first day I started wearing them (more bearable with other pain I had so is ok) and dont think anything has toned up wink

ChablisLover Thu 02-Jun-11 09:26:06

they were in a local shoe shop - not online
Sorry

Still thinking about them - may go tomorrow and buy them

slowshow Thu 02-Jun-11 09:44:58

Beware if you have high insteps. I do, and couldn't get my feet all the way in!

daffyd Thu 02-Jun-11 23:02:31

I have some pewter supertone trainers, they are a bit clumpy so took some getting used to.great as i have pain in ball of foot and flatfooted so converse type sneakers with no arch support not great.Actually have worn them with skinny jeans and bootcuts and they look great! Would highly recommend them

polyhymnia Thu 02-Jun-11 23:18:18

Absolutely agree - the support from these Supertones compared to Converse or other plimsoll type shoes is in a different league, so, when that's your priority, they are a great choice.

faustina Fri 03-Jun-11 06:54:52

If you look on the fitflop facebook page, they have a link to an article in the times, which includes some info about the new styles they're bringing out in the autumn - there is a converse-type sneaker which looks quite nice, and a biker boot, and i think it says they will be doing loafers too. If cost isn't a decider for you, it might be worth waiting?

PinotGrigiosKittens Sat 04-Jun-11 12:27:47

faustina I've searched and can't find that Times link. Help!

TheMostBeautifulPoster Sat 04-Jun-11 12:46:13

oh dont
i hate them
im on team MOM

faustina Sat 04-Jun-11 17:03:48

sorry pinot - my fault! not on facebook at all. it was here - click on read article in full:

www.fitflop.com/forum/news/scat/news/

faustina Sat 04-Jun-11 17:04:34

oops - first click on the ink to the Times article

PinotGrigiosKittens Sat 04-Jun-11 17:06:10

Thank you! I'm wearing my new snakeskin fitflops today - keep gazing at my feet thinking (a) Oh they're pretty and (b) Must do a pedicure confused

Deaddei Sat 04-Jun-11 19:02:28

I love them.I am a convert, having found some in my size (9) which were Gorky.
Wore them round London today and they are so comfy.
Mind you I have just bought some Josef SEibel sandals in Covent Garden blush. must be getting old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now