Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Nice ballet pumps that keep your toes warm?

(7 Posts)
TheMightyToosh Tue 31-May-11 11:54:39

Is there such a thing?

I have arctic toes, but don't want to wear boots and socks all summer. Does anyone know of a nice pair of ballet pumps with nice warm upper/sole around the toe area? I know I can buy insoles, but that just squases my feet up even more and cuts the blood off, and plus they all seem to have such thin uppers that the tops of my toes just freeze.

I need something that is actually made from warm materials.

Thank you!

dexter73 Tue 31-May-11 13:45:21

I have never seen what you are after. All the ballet pumps I have seen are just a layer of leather on the top and a very thin sole.

TheMightyToosh Wed 01-Jun-11 12:16:51

thanks Dexter - granny-style shoe liners it is, then!

miche8 Wed 01-Jun-11 13:42:39

I suffer with cold feet too, these from clarks keep my feet warm without socks, i have the pink, black and thinking about the navy. They are very comfy feel like slippers can easily wear them all day, did lots of walking around lego land, the soles are non slip too.

www.clarks.co.uk/find/department-is-women/mcrproductsubtype-is-pumps/product-is-20339748

BikeRunSki Wed 01-Jun-11 13:49:59

Look at Land's End. They do "sturdy" ballet flats. They are mostly frumpy, but soem are OK - the plain ones in red/blue.

TheMightyToosh Wed 01-Jun-11 14:03:07

Those clarks look v comfy, thanks miche8. I'll try some on next time I'm in town.

Bike - I looked at Land's End - they look really nice actually (I must be a frump grin) I'm liking the plain ones. I'm not normally one for buying shoes online but since they do free returns I might give them a go.

Thanks both smile

BikeRunSki Wed 01-Jun-11 19:41:32

These and these are pretty unfrumpy colours!

You need to order in US sizes - there's a converter on the website and UK equivalent sizig is pretty much the same as Clarks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: