Talk

Advanced search

Fair freckly skin - best powder/foundation?

(5 Posts)
Naetha Mon 30-May-11 21:27:20

I have quit fair (but not very porcelainy) but very freckly skin - the more tanned I get, the more freckles I have. A lot of my skin is also quite blotchy, I have a few broken capillaries etc, and I'd really like to start hiding some of these in a fairly subtle neutral way.

Where do I start? I've never worn foundation or powder or anything like that - is there anything that gives a natural, neutral look? I also have quite dry skin and it seems like if ever I put concealer or anything like that on, it just highlights the dryness.

What about stuff like Bare Minerals? Is that any good? Are there any miracle products you'd recommend?

lulaloop Mon 30-May-11 21:29:37

Dior skin nude

MissFoodie Mon 30-May-11 21:29:37

I'm not a fan of loose powder, prefer a foundation with powder over top if needed, otherwise, as little make up as possible!
I did a feature on foundations last week, might give you some ideas:
http://yumetc.blogspot.com/2011/05/skin-friendly-make-up-part-1.html

bettysbeauty Mon 30-May-11 21:54:22

I have fair skin and get freckles when tanned. Some Dry areas some oily.
You don't need to splash out on over priced products like Dior.
Bourjois do a very good mineral face powder which covers, mineral make up is good as it helps your skin breath but covers very well. Most mineral powders are good buy maybeline is a bit heavy.
Another way to go is with tinted moisturiser. I've used Natio which wasn't very good but Nivea Visage Q10 do one with spf am i'm really happy with it.
Use a touch of blusher or bronzer depending on what look you want with some mascara and it's all good.

QuinnFabray Tue 31-May-11 11:38:34

Diorskin Nude is excellent. I have similar skin to yours. I also really like Bourjois 10 hour sleep effect, as a budget version. Might actually prefer this. Bourjois Healthy Mix is also excellent, slightly heavier coverage, but still very natural.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now