Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Coconut conditioner

(18 Posts)
lulaloop Mon 30-May-11 21:10:53

Slightly specific request.

I would love some coconut scented conditioner. Any recommendations? Happy to pay more for something fantastic.

MissFoodie Mon 30-May-11 21:21:50

do you want a conditioner to put on after shampooing or coconut oil intensive treatment you shampoo out?

lulaloop Mon 30-May-11 21:22:20

A normal conditioner for after shampooing please

LoopyLoopsBettyBoops Mon 30-May-11 21:22:36

Sounds unlikely, but Superdrug do a good one.

Meglet Mon 30-May-11 21:23:10

Lush - Coolaulin.

mammya Mon 30-May-11 21:23:54

wilkinson's do a very cheap one, but quite good one. Smells very coconutty but not overpoweringly so.

MissFoodie Mon 30-May-11 21:27:28

yes, try superdrug or boots, they both do one - otherwise i can recommend real coconut oil as an intensive pre-shampoo treatment

lulaloop Mon 30-May-11 21:27:53

thank you for the recommendations lots to go on

I am a bit scared of Lush so will brave it and buy a small bottle from there to try.

TrillianAstra Mon 30-May-11 21:29:43

Superdrug natural one is lovely - you can get regular or intensive conditioner.

bettysbeauty Mon 30-May-11 21:32:38

I have used Lush - Coolaulin. and I loved the smell but it didn't actually condition my hair,and my hair isn't even that dry, a lot of money for not much.
Savers do one, but again it doesn't really condition as well as say pantene vo5.

LoopyLoopsBettyBoops Mon 30-May-11 22:07:04

I can't even walk on the same side of the street as Lush without feeling ill, so I haven't tried that one!

daimbardiva Tue 31-May-11 11:52:28

Body Shop do a coconut hair styling balm sort of thing - depending what sort of hair you've got might be good as it'll keep the smell lingering for you..

iWILLdothis Tue 31-May-11 12:14:51

Boots Ingredients do a lovely one that only costs 90p iirc, though the bottle is slightly smaller than average.

otchayaniye Tue 31-May-11 12:57:47

I do curly girl (no dimethicone conditioner and use that as a shampoo) and get through bottles of the 99p Inecto Coconut one (you can get it in Savers). It's very moisturising.

RedwingWinter Tue 31-May-11 16:52:29

The Wilkinson's one is really good.

moosemama Tue 31-May-11 20:06:50

I second Inecto, the whole family uses it in our house, we get it really cheaply from the discount chemist in town and my hair has never been as healthy/shiny. They sell it online here as well.

Just as an aside, did you know that coconut oil effectively suffocates headlice, so using it on the dcs is a great idea? If there's an outbreak at my ds's school I use the leave in conditioner on them and so far <<crosses fingers>> they've been all clear. Link here.

RedwingWinter Tue 31-May-11 22:23:21

Moosemama, I never knew that about coconut oil and headlice. Thanks for sharing!

moosemama Tue 31-May-11 22:36:55

You're welcome. It was a bit off topic, but it really does seem to work and there are always so many threads on here asking about treatments, so I thought it was worth mentioning. blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: