Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Help -my straighteners have broken!!!

(8 Posts)
pink4ever Mon 30-May-11 14:45:37

My beloved straighteners have broken<sob>. I really cant live without them as have very thick,very wavy,very frizzy hair. They were the morphy richards Mark Hill ones(have had them 6 years).
Had a look in Boots and they have Mark Hill ones half price but look completely different to my original ones?.
Has anyone used these? are they any good?. If not these then please reccomend another pair(not ghds-I am not made of money!). Would pay up to £50 if I had to.

Meggles76 Mon 30-May-11 15:24:45

OK - first pair of GHDs - DH stood on and broke sad. Replaced these with another pair of GHDs that only lasted 2 years and I only use them a couple of times a week.
Anyway, I decided I had had enough bad luck with GHDs and bought a pair of VO5 ceramic straightners from Argos for £40 (they were reduced from £60). Had them 2 years now and still going strong. Can honestly say they straighten just as well as GHDs did.

pink4ever Mon 30-May-11 15:33:31

They have V05 straighteners in boots half price(£30) but the reviews I have seen werent very good?.

pink4ever Mon 30-May-11 16:47:09

Bump.

jimblejambles Mon 30-May-11 18:01:40

My Nicky clarke hair straightners have just died after 3 years. They were excellent and were around £40 from argos.
Dh just bought me Andrew Barton straightners from Argos I think and they are amazing. My friend borrowed them last night and said they are as good as her ghds.

howcomes Mon 30-May-11 18:24:33

Hi
Sorry to jump in on this thread but I was wondering whether the Andrew burton straighteners are a universal voltage? I'm moving overseas soon and am trying to find a pair that will do both 110v and 220v
Thanks!

jimblejambles Mon 30-May-11 19:54:08

Howcomes I don't think they are universal but maybe you could get an adaptor?

DiscoDaisy Mon 30-May-11 19:57:59

I have a pair of Carmen girl straighteners for £14.99 and they are the best pair I have ever had. They match my hairdressers GHD's on my hair.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: