Talk

Advanced search

Wedding guest help!

(4 Posts)
keepingupwiththejoneses Mon 30-May-11 12:44:38

I am going to my cousins wedding in august. It is big do, perfect etiquette, everyone has to wear a hat or fascinator, all a bit ott for me but it's not my wedding. We are a bit short on funds and my mum said she had a monsoon dress that I could have that she had never worn, now I have seen it, it looks terrible on me. I have quite a large bust with an hourglass figure, ok I am a size 16. The dress my mum gave me is halter-neck and empire line from the bust down so just not the right shape for me at all. Thing is I have already got my shoes, bag, wrap and hairpeice, all in silver-grey.
I have never been to a wedding like this so not sure what is the done thing. I have seen a few dresses on ebay that are made in china this and this are my favourite ones but just not sure if they are suitable, the first one is also in eggshell blue and deep purple.
Please help me, I know everyone else has their outfit.

madammecholet Mon 30-May-11 15:41:46

I wouldn't get the strapless one, the first would be more flattering. I am concerned at £9.99 they will be horrid material, but hey for one wear might be ok.... I also think ordering on ebay from china you might lose your money if its a bad fit and you cannot send it back.

You'd be better to choose something you can try on and return if its not right. Try asos.com for cheaper dresses, H&M........

madammecholet Mon 30-May-11 15:52:54

Does it have to be long?...some ideas:

here

here

here

H&M

madammecholet Mon 30-May-11 15:58:12

asos

dorothy perkins

oasis

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now