Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

capsule summer wardrobe

(6 Posts)
csemum Sun 29-May-11 22:06:03

So... I am about to go on holiday with my little girl for the first time. As the majority of my one checked in bag will be taken up with her stuff, I am looking to save space.
What are your stylish 'summer classic capsule' wardrobe tips? I am 29 so not too much Boden please (I LiKE Boden and one day it will be for me...just not yet!) I'm going to the South of France so it will be warm but it's not a clubby/bar hopping kind of trip.

beachyhead Sun 29-May-11 22:20:41

Jeans, shorts, one floaty skirt, four tops, two swimmers, one flip flops, one converse....a hoody and one nice cardi for the evening...

Meggles76 Sun 29-May-11 22:24:59

Sun dress that can be worn with flat sandals for day and dressed up a bit for evenings
summer trousers - either linen wide legs / chino style / capris depending on your preference
- wear with colourful plain Ts and stripy vests
shorts - knee length or shorter depending on your legs - will work with the tops already mentioned
bikini and some kind of cover up for the beach

Am sure others will be along with more suggestions

Gillybobs Sun 29-May-11 22:30:24

Id wear your jeans and a nice cardi/hoody to travel (they take up quite a bit of room in a case) then you have them with you if its chilly (unlikely), wear some nice comfy daytime sandals then Id add:

dressier sandals for nighttime
jean shorts,
neutral coloured shorts,
2 nice printed cotton skirts
handful of nice vest tops (that will match the shorts or skirts)
couple of nice strappy jersey sundresses (Gap have great jersey ones for 14
quid)
Swimwear
Selection of jewellery to smarten up outfits for night time

HTH

brookeslay Mon 30-May-11 10:30:17

I did along message with links it went grr at toddler !

Bascially it was

Jeans
Two soft cotton cardis oasis
cover up topshop
bikini and swimsuit try littlewoods online
Urban outfitters necklace
www.yourfashionjewellery.com/category/costume-jewellery/
asos little camel aztec dresshere
One maxi cotton dress plain try oasis again
wedges
flats
long scarf for covering shoulders or tying as a top
denim shirts or lace edge shorts are quite big this year.
Strech vest primark £2.00 get five !

brookeslay Mon 30-May-11 10:48:24

www.packinglistonline.com

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: