Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

How to make the most of big boobs

(22 Posts)
rologoingsolo Sun 29-May-11 20:28:19

Well last time i was properly measured i was 36 dd but things are feeling tight. I hate them, just wish i could roam round the house without a bra on. Surgery not an option, how can i learn to love them & what are the best clothes or bras to wear?

GilbonzoTheSecretPsychoDuck Sun 29-May-11 20:29:21

Watching with interest - 38HH bastards ruining my life!

sunshineatlast Sun 29-May-11 20:30:41

Me too ..checking in and awaiting enlightenment. mine are just an annoyance.

pingusmumtoo Sun 29-May-11 20:31:21

Gilbonzo ... snap .... was 34G before DS but that was 2.5 yrs and 2 1/2 stone ago blush

PersonalClown Sun 29-May-11 20:32:58

36HH awaiting the Holy Grail too.

pingusmumtoo Sun 29-May-11 20:36:34

Bras - Freya are excellent for bigger boobs but DD really not soo big.
Bravissimo have upped their clothing range which is not bad but far from great ...
Otherwise stick to V necks or similar, block colour or large print and pamper them - ie. moisturise and decent bra.
I have always hated hated hated my boobs - I am sponge bob square boobs - and I have seen a lot in my time - was a bra fitter pre baby and absolutely loved it - women came in hunched over and a bit embarassed and always left feeling better.
If I ever had the money I'd open my own shop .... twas the thing I was best at !

smartyparts Sun 29-May-11 20:37:41

Me too... I always had small lovely boobs until dcs then they went up to a 32C then a D, now a 32E!

Have no idea what is going on, hormones? It's not weight gain - but I hate it. I have always got a huge cleavage - even at the gym, and some clothes make them look HUGE.

I feel they make me look frumpy and mumsy and I'm aware of them when I roll over at night.

<contemplates minimiser bras>

rologoingsolo Sun 29-May-11 20:38:22

Ok we will wait patiently!!! Think I'm nearer a 38 something much bigger sad

pingusmumtoo Sun 29-May-11 20:39:38

rolo - go and get fitted - honest that'll help to start smile

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 29-May-11 20:41:27

I am 34F. Good bras are a must. I also have loads of vest tops from topshop to wear under things that would be too booby otherwise. Like cardigans etc.
Don't wear high necks. Wrap tops and dresses are your friend. V necks and scoop necks are great and also things with a nipped in waist.
I would wet myself to be a DD!!

missmakesstuff Sun 29-May-11 20:42:10

I'm 34H and have always lived by these rules, although not sure if they are the right ones! Firstly, good bra - bravissimo, get fitted if you can. then..

NEVER wear...
High necks
anything with pattern/detail right across from of boobs
Anything that is too small at boobs - rather be bigger on boobs and too big on waist - I rarely buy dresses, size 16 on op, 12ish on bottom, nightmare.
anything with too many buttons down the centre - see above, they always strain and look awful
dont wear long necklaces, they always either swing from side to side over boobage, or get stuck in middle!

Always...

Wear v necks, scoop necks, or cross over/wrap front dresses.
Go for stuff that nips in at the waist, or the smallest bit, usually just under boobs.
try and go for blocks of colour, but I sometimes ignore!
wear necklaces that break up big cleavage area.
umm what else, oh, no double breasted (ha!) coats, single buttons only.

Its very boring, but i just dont look at stuff that doesn't fit those criteria now.

I could be wrong though, someone might come along and shake the whole foundation of my clothing beliefs!!

LaurieFairyCake Sun 29-May-11 20:43:18

I've 36J's and I'm only five feet tall so I look like I'm all boob.

I wear wrap or v- neck dresses, always with a camisole underneath.

And fitted clothes, no baggy ones. No high necks, no stiff fabrics, nearly everything I wear is cotton or silk jersey. If I wore a stiff fabric it makes me more self conscious of them.

pingusmumtoo Sun 29-May-11 20:43:47

missmakesstuff ... spot on ... agree with it all

rologoingsolo Sun 29-May-11 20:47:33

Wow thanks guys, yes must get a proper fitting. I live in a small town in depest dorset so not easy but am going to london soon so am thinking bravissimo??

missmakesstuff Sun 29-May-11 20:47:35

ooh yes, x post that agrees with me! vests are great, I wear a lot since bf dd, I get mine in primarni. £2 each, very stretchy and thin, great under v necks. also tunic tops with ties a back are great, cause cn get the right size fr boobs and make them fit waist.

I used to be a 30J - that was a pain in the rear alright. DH could fit my bra on his head like a hat. don't ask how he worked that one out.

missmakesstuff Sun 29-May-11 20:51:26

Bravissimo are very good over the phone, but you have to have the cash to buy lots of different sizes, then keep sending back and exchanging, its a pain, I hate bra shopping, go to go again soon, Can never seem to find any that dont pinchor rub somewhere.

yes, def fitted clothes, really helps. I dont wear halternexcks often, they can be flattering , but often just make me look even bigger, also hurt my neck!!

Lol at Laurie being all boob, I sometimes feel like that.

pingusmumtoo Sun 29-May-11 20:51:57

miss ... I have many many times worn my bra on my head, as have most members of my family !
Rolo ... bravissimo are really good - M & S are utter shite - they measure everyone as a 36D !
You could do it yourself if you've got a newish bra. Can guide you through it if you like ... but any decent fitter will take one look at you and be able to tell you what size you are.

SomersetBelle Mon 30-May-11 11:09:45

Second all of the above for clothes and bra advice.

I don't know where you are in Dorset OP but there's a good independent lingerie shop in Wimborne Minster and Sherborne- here.

MABS Mon 30-May-11 12:10:37

agree with all you say, i am 32ff - hate em!!

Gillybobs Mon 30-May-11 14:11:16

Fantasie Smoothing Balcony bra is the HG of bras. And believe me Ive spent 20 years searching. Makes me look a dress size smaller. Some on ebay here

kisschase Mon 30-May-11 15:46:00

I am with you ladies - I am a 40GG and I'd get rid of them in a heartbeat, I detest them!!

Mamaz0n Mon 30-May-11 15:48:43

My boobs are the on;ly thing that prevents me being looked at like a man so im gratefull that they are noteworthy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: