Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Navy Cardigan?

(14 Posts)
nancy75 Sun 29-May-11 17:40:55

Can anyone find me a long (boyfirend style) navy cardigan?
I though this would be easy to find, but obviously not!
I need a size 18, and I don't want to spend loads (upto about £50).

All help very appreciated!

redllamayellowllama Sun 29-May-11 18:22:42

I had some recommended on another thread from Zara - not online, but instore and £15-£30. Uniqlo have a nice looking one online for £29.99 - linen/silk blend.

YesterdaysPants Sun 29-May-11 18:24:22

I have a really nice waterfall cardi in navy blue from Tesco. Came with a thin brown belt which I sometimes use. It's nice thin material too <sticks tongue out at waterfall haters>

tangerinajolie Sun 29-May-11 18:25:24

This one?

http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/068639#colorSelect

tangerinajolie Sun 29-May-11 18:25:53

Whoops! Again...

shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/068639#colorSelect

BikeRunSki Sun 29-May-11 18:27:31

Bennetton good fro simple knitwear in plain colours.

redllamayellowllama Sun 29-May-11 18:27:59

This one. I don't trust the UV stuff, too gimmicky.

nancy75 Sun 29-May-11 18:30:41

thanks for the suggestions, waterfall is really not me.
the uniqlo ones look ok, but rather strangely that linen blend material always smells of bad fish to me (i think it is my nose rather than the material) so I can't wear it! Will have a look in Zara any other ideasplease?

partyhats Sun 29-May-11 19:27:18

Nancy - I know exactly what you mean about the fishy smell of silk linen blends!! v odd. Glad its not just me.

HugoFirst Sun 29-May-11 19:32:54

nice one with a tie in kew

ggirl Sun 29-May-11 19:33:02

god hope that uniqlo one doesn't pong of fish , I ordered it yesterday
will let you know how it smells when it arrives

i had a look for one on the high street last week and couldn't find any decent summer cardigans wihtout either waterfall or asymetric hemlines ,both which i hate

nancy75 Sun 29-May-11 19:55:17

PARTYHATS - nice to know i'm not the only person with a strange sense of smell!

I an going to bluewater tomorrow so hopefully I will find something - I thought a navy cardi would be easy

accessorizequeen Sun 29-May-11 19:55:36

I got a linen one recently from White Company for around £50 with the discount, it's long but edge to edge not boyfriend. The XL is fine on me and I'm an 18. If blue was alright then Poetry and Wrap both have some. Also try phase 8 as they do lots of navy. Assume you've checked Boden?

follyfoot Sun 29-May-11 20:02:42

This one? I have a lovely cardi from this company, much nicer than the slightly frumpy picture indicated. In stock within 2 weeks if thats any good?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: