Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

good strapless bra

(11 Posts)
breadandhoney Sun 29-May-11 14:19:49

I'm looking for a strapless bra to wear under a bridesmaid dress but want one that will stay put. I'm a 34D and do need some padding for shape and quite a bit of lift since pregnancy.

Anyone got a good one they would recommend?

BooBooGlass Sun 29-May-11 14:21:20

The wonderbra strapless bra cannot be beaten imo. Has weird little 'fingers' in the cups that hold you in place. It really does work.

izzybizzybuzzybees Sun 29-May-11 14:24:05

I find la senza's strapless bra
www.lasenza.co.uk/solutions/strapless_bras/level3.aspx?d=16&type=451&style=6496&product=011015xz&img=SS211_78
the full support one to be the best!

breadandhoney Sun 29-May-11 14:24:28

thanks! i'll have a look at that one.

bettysbeauty Sun 29-May-11 20:57:39

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

BulletWithAName Sun 29-May-11 21:27:25

Second the Wonderbra Ultimate strapless.

willybreeder Sun 29-May-11 21:50:47

Wonderbra's great for my 32dd boobs that need support wink

sprinkles77 Mon 30-May-11 00:17:36

I have this

Dilligaf81 Mon 30-May-11 10:56:32

Ive just bought the wonderbra one and Im a 32 D after feeding 4 kids def need the lift. Debenhams have £10 off at the moment.

citronella Mon 30-May-11 11:31:42

I bought a Marks and Spencer multiway bra on Friday. It took me almost an hour of trying different ones on to make up my mind. I am a 34DD and really don't need extra padding but in the end the 34DD just didn't contain me and squashed me into a really odd shape. I bought a 34E shaped padded on which although it looks and makes me feel like I have got armour plating on is the one that holds me up best (I am at the age when gravity is taking hold but don't see why I should be excluded from wearing summery strappy numbers) and has the best shape under vest t-shirt tops. Have to say it is a physical struggle getting into it and I even did myself an injury getting my skin pinched in the hole of the strap hook.
I would say try lots of different ones on and take the dress with you when you try them on. Good luck
The things we have to suffer.

fedupofnamechanging Mon 30-May-11 16:42:53

I bought the M&S multiway too. I found that I needed a DD rather than my usual D cup, but it has a plunge front which might be useful under a low cut dress.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: