Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

White denim jacket???

(5 Posts)
polyhymnia Sat 28-May-11 14:55:55

What do the S and B experts think about this?

Am looking for a casual summer jacket that goes with everything.

ideally wanted a 'mormal' indigo deim jacket, but so far have only found a white denim one in my large (22) bust size.

Not sure if it would be useful and play into white being on trend this summer or just somehow 'wrong' (appart from the obvious practicality concerns about it getting dirty easily).

madammecholet Sat 28-May-11 15:26:54

I think as long as it fits well, and you can carry off white, then its fine. Also easy to accessorise with bright summer scarves etc...

Could also look tres chic with breton T and jeans/navy crops..

madammecholet Sat 28-May-11 15:27:20

when I say carry off white, I mean your skin tone. it wsahed me out, so I have trouble with white..

polyhymnia Sat 28-May-11 15:35:28

Many thanks - think it's OK with my skin tone.

Was wanting it mainly to go with summer dresses but also like the idea of it with a breton top and the navy Boden capris I've got - presumably fine for it to be much shorter than the top?

Would wearing it with indigo jeans be a 'double denim' faux pas, though, I wonder??

madammecholet Sat 28-May-11 17:39:29

Don't double denim with it you'll be on dodgy territory. I would def layer it though, longer tops underneath will also help elongate your torso.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: