Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone use dry shampoo? recommendations needed please..

(12 Posts)
MorningCoffee Sat 28-May-11 14:10:42

Am looking for a dry shampoo and i have to wash my hair every day because the roots get greasy, does anyone use these and do they work? there seem to be alot of makes any good recommendations?

daylily Sat 28-May-11 14:56:51

I am a convert after seeing my daughter use it. I have tried a few and really the only difference is the smell! Here is a link to the Guardian's Sali Hughes about them
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/video/2011/jan/15/how-to-use-dry-shampoo
There is an article too

BatsInTheSnowglobe Sat 28-May-11 15:20:54

Toni and Guy make the best one in my opinion but it's quite expensive at about £6, Boots sell it. I bought the Batiste Fresh one recently as its only about £2, but i found it quite chemically and so i make OH use it by an open window!
I like dry shampoo it works well for in between washes or when you don't have time can't be arsed to wash your hair! OH uses it every other day between washes, he also likes it as it thickens his hair, i don't like that about it.
HTH a bit.

MorningCoffee Sat 28-May-11 16:16:44

Thank you that's great, there just seem to be so many to pick from, i just want it for the inbetween days, or the can't be arsed days, trying to get up and do my hair EVERY morning whilst trying to get 2 children ready, fed and out the door to school does not always work, so odd days i could just spray and go! lazy i know but being realistic here, thanks again will give one a go and see how i get on.

ameliameerkat Sat 28-May-11 20:27:54

Avoid the superdrug stuff, it's hopeless. I use the Batiste stuff, which I like.

Hopefully Sat 28-May-11 21:23:53

I've tried the Toni & Guy one and a few others, and found the T&G one LOTS better.

rubyrubyruby Sat 28-May-11 21:25:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tillyscoutsmum Sat 28-May-11 21:28:03

Batiste here as well.

Vix1980 Sat 28-May-11 21:56:40

Bastiste - now it comes in different scents too its definatly improved over the years. ive tried the t&g one but to be honest id rather spend £2 that £6 for exactly the same thing.

prolificwillybreeder Sat 28-May-11 22:59:53

Another vote for the Bastiste. You can get mini ones too. Useful when I couldn't decide which smell to have

trixymalixy Sat 28-May-11 23:30:12

Batiste for brunette hair was a total revelation to me. I love it.

rubyrubyruby Sun 29-May-11 10:16:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now