Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Does anyone know where to kid children's wide fitting shoes?

(6 Posts)
saoirse86 Sat 28-May-11 09:57:31

Apart from Clarks and Start Rite?

DD's only 8 months but on the verge of walking so this opens up a whole new avenue of shopping for me! wink The only problem is the poor things has inherited her big fat feet from her mummy so we're looking for H fitting shoes.

Any help much appreciated from you lovely stylish ladies. grin

TattyDevine Sat 28-May-11 10:00:16

Not so experienced with girls but I get my son's shoes from a department store children's shoe section and they stock a variety of different brands and the ladies always know which ones suit "wide" feet. In the past, he's had Geox, Timberland, and Joules shoes, so all must be suitable enough for wider feet (or certain styles anyway)

Not that much more expensive than Start Rite or Clarkes, but better range, I find.

I think my daughter will be an H for a while, she is at the moment, so I will watch this thread with interest as there is probably a girls brand that suits wide feet...

shortround Sat 28-May-11 11:18:06

my children are H fittings, with high insteps, I go to an independent fitter, Ecco shoes come up wide as do buckle my shoe. Middle d had had angulus shoes in the past but they dont go any where near youngest!

My youngest is actually in start rite for nursery, but they havnt always been able to provide a shoe to fit her stumps!

saoirse86 Sat 28-May-11 11:21:32

When my sister and I were children we had to go to a particular shop a while away where they would specially order shoes from start rite for our humungous feet.

I'm assuming in the last 20 years things had progressed a bit, but it's starting to look that perhaps not as much as I thought! confused

pookiecat Sat 28-May-11 18:42:43

Best to go to an independent shop- usually have european makes - there is a good one in Stanmore, London.

pookiecat Sat 28-May-11 18:43:34

Best to go to an independent shop- usually have european makes - there is a good one in Stanmore, London.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: