Talk

Advanced search

where to buy long tops?

(11 Posts)
NeatFreak Fri 27-May-11 16:37:43

I don't mean tunic style tops to wear with leggings, just normal, nice tops to wear with jeans etc. I seem to spend all my time hoiking tops down after they've ridden up for the tenth time that hour. I don't have a particularly long body and they aren't too tight so I'm rather confused as to why this happens...

I'm size 10-12 with an impressive muffin top so would like to get 4-5 pretty longer length tops at a reasonable price. Any suggestions much appreciated?

woopsidaisy Fri 27-May-11 17:11:18

I am 5'8''. So not massively tall,but I find it very hard to get longer length tops.
I have tried Long Tall Sally,but find them very wide at the neck. I look like I am channelling FAME with off the shoulder tops! grin
I have used Tall Girls before. Their basics are great.

Finbar Fri 27-May-11 17:22:36

I bought a couple of t- shirts for Long Tall Sally and the length was great.

NeatFreak Fri 27-May-11 20:18:29

Thanks. I was hoping to buy a couple before going away on Monday but will check the links out for when I get back.

I'm (only?) 5 ft 6 so I don't know why I find this difficult!

Madlizzy Fri 27-May-11 20:20:29

Primarni, believe it or not. They have a few long sleeved tunic shaped tops that are around £7 each.

Elsy Fri 27-May-11 20:39:33

I am 5ft11 with a long torso so am always on the look out for long tops, especially since these days I am very keen to keep my midriff under wraps! American Apparel unisex styles are brilliant and not too pricey. Isabella Oliver does a great long-sleeve t-shirt that is long enough to wear over leggings with a shorter top on top. Expensive though. Also, I've just bought a striped jersey top from Joules that is longer than average in the body.

MomOrMum Sun 29-May-11 16:30:27

I agree about Primark! There basic cotton tops wash really well and are very long in the body. The last time I bought them they had stickers saying "now longer length" so you could look out for those.

MomOrMum Sun 29-May-11 16:31:36

"Their" obviously. Sorry, on phone.

Cattleprod Sun 29-May-11 16:34:27

Primark vests. I wear one under my shorter, fancier tops to hide the gap and give a 'layered' look. Available in about 20 colours, last really well and cost £2 each!!

Ruprekt Sun 29-May-11 16:36:14

ooh yeah was gonna recommend Primark too.

And M&S have a new longer line tshirt range

YesterdaysPants Sun 29-May-11 16:44:13

Dorothy P's do decent long jersey tops for about £7.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now